SSL certificate error
Parker3743
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone seen this error when attempting to access router settings from the Fios app?? Started a couple of weeks ago. I’ve tried rebooting the router and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Still have the same problem.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SSL certificate error
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe Vz will have to fix this.   It's likely because the firmware in the Vz router recently started redirecting from HTTP to HTTPS secure connections and is using a self-signed certificate.   You can bypass this on a standard browser by clicking to accept (or in the "Advanced" section of a Chrome browser.   However, I don't believe there is a way to do this in the app.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Any chance you can get the error details causing the SSL warning to occur? I'm not familiar with the app in particular, but typically routers cause this becauese they use self signed certificates, which typically nothing trusts by default.

Jeff-L
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes! It's killing me. I've been unable to connect to the Internet setting section in the "My Fios" iPhone app for a few weeks. I haven't had time to finish troubleshooting it yet nor sit on the phone with Verizon for an hour...

Please let us know if you've found a solution.

0 Likes
Fus1

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? It worked fine for years. I recently upgraded my speeds and with that came a new router.  Ever since the install, I get the SSL certificate error.

0 Likes
DMSverizonuser1

I upgraded my wi-fi and got a new router.  I downloaded the fios app.  Trying to manage my internet but keep getting ssl certificate error. Help! I keep calling Verizon but no help 😩

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try twitter @verizonsupport

CNeverleave
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, did you ever find a resolution to this? Been driving me bonkers for about 5 months now. Thank you!!

yiyi1

Same issue here.  Very frustrated.  Anyone knows how to fix it? 

0 Likes
Mamo1

Open the wifi window in settings on your phone.  The network associated with the new router should be displayed.  Connect to the basic 2.4 link.  when the connection is made you will see a small letter i in the id line. Click on that and you willsee the info for that link. There is also a renew lease button.  renew the lease and the app will now be allowed to work with the router.

0 Likes
Mamo1

If you renew the lease on the network server the app will work.  To do this you open settings on your phone and click on wifi.  Connect to the basic connection which is the 2.4G service.  when you are connected you may see a small letter i on the id line. click on that and look for renew lease.  Click on renew lease and renew the lease.  I did that and now my myfios app works with the router.  Good luck. My device is an iPhone. I do not know what to do with a Android.

0 Likes