Super slow down speeds after 6 pm
Thomasf479
Enthusiast - Level 1
This problem began 3 months ago. Techs have been out, I've spent hours on the phone.... No improvement. Tonight my download speeds were 1.67.mbps on a 75/75 service. The best Verizon can do for me is a $40 credit when they are delivering 10% of what I'm paying for (not to mention the value of my time). I looked online and there are MANY in VA complaining of the exact same thing (slow down speeds after 6pm). VERY DISPLEASED 15 yr customers!!
0 Likes
Re: Super slow down speeds after 6 pm
Not applicable

file a complaint with the FCC, a bunch of us from dslreports have already done so

0 Likes
Ken_Cal

Same problem here in Southern California.  Numerous calls to tech support and a tech was finally dispatched to my house.  Was told nothing they can do, since it is an unknown network problem that has impacted not only the city I live in, but has spread to surrounding areas as well.   Verizon seems to be taking the PR approach of deny it all to its customers when they apparently are fully aware of this problem.  I was told there is no estimate to actually get this resolved.  Since this is obviously a company that feels dishonesty is the best policy, I'm looking elsewhere for services.  

0 Likes
Not applicable

thomas, i'm in new york and the traceroute leads me to 2nd hop that happens to be located in VA and everyone is reporting issues revolving around that node.

OrgName: Verizon Online LLC
OrgId: VRIS
Address: 22001 Loudoun County Parkway
City: Ashburn
StateProv: VA
PostalCode: 20147
RegDate:
Updated: 2010-08-17
Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/VRIS

0 Likes
VT_NT_MD

We have had the same issue for about 5 months. Tonight my down/up speeds were about 3/60 mbps on a FIOS 50/50 service. Got to chat with the tech support, went through all the steps: reset the router, tried to fix download speed using Verizon website “Network Diagnostic Tool”, they rebooted the Verizon main box from their side, nothing worked out. Our friends currently have no such issues with Comcast.

VERY DISAPOINTED TOO!

0 Likes
sumarlidason
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rockville here,

3 Mbps downrate on 50/50 service. Spent hour chatting doing silly things. Spoke to floor manager; verizon insists there is no problem with their network. quick to assume user error. geez.

Hope they fix this, its very inconvenient - and - disappointing.

PS

they didnt offer me a discount -- i'll be asking for one now.

0 Likes
osnv

Same here in MD. response from Verizon - "have you reset your router?" Complete inability by Verizon to think since the horrible packet loss on Verizon nodes is beyond my CO. If not fixed, will file a complaint with FCC and FTC.

0 Likes
Treeeater
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here in Falls Church VA. Chatted with rep. and was told to use a wired connection/reset the router. Joke.

0 Likes