Terrible Customer Service
Polybus1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not sure why Verizon has a customer service. I moved to location that doesn't have FiOS service, so I had to disconnect. The billing cycle was 22nd and move out was 25th. The charge a full month of service. Annoying but fine. I get it. I was told once the account is finalized I'd get the remaining amount back (sans pro rated amount) which is fine.

I spend the following month try to get a recovery package sent to me so I can send back the receivers before finally figuring out that I can send it back by going to a UPS store free of charge. All the while customer service says they are sending out and documenting tickets on my account without apparently doing anything at all.

After a week of sending out the package I call to make sure it was received and that the finalization of my bill was getting started. Was assured it was. I call several weeks later asking about my refund check. I was then told that I needed to wait until I get TWO final bills (Oct 22 now according to them).

I call October 24, wondering where my money is. I got transferred so many times that the last time I got "transferred" was back into the queue and then was told by the automated system that business hours were over. The last guy said he was transferring me but really he said "Screw you, I am hanging up now".

I call back the next day, was ASSURED, and GUARANTEED, that he pushed the final process through and I'd receive my check no later the Nov 4. I verified this with a supervisor when I asked to complain about the previous night's hangup. Supervisor also assured me that the check would be on the way.

Nov 5th. No check. I call back, get transferred 3 times before getting the finance department. No notifications whatsoever on my account. None. It looks as though I have just called in about this issue for the first time. 

THEY tell me that my final final final bill hasn't been issued yet, and I'll have to wait until Nov 22 for that. I was assured again that my check will be in my mail by early December. I asked for this supervisors information. Apparently, all I am allowed to know is there first name, and the department they work. No other way to identify the individual, and if they don't put a ticket into my account no proof I have that I called them.  So essentially I found out that not only does Verizon suck at customer service, but they have literally no accountable whatsoever.

Prior to ALL of this happening, I absolutely adored Verizon.  I have loved the wireless service and FiOS, but since the moment I moved and could not take FiOS with me it has been a nightmare.  I think Verizon will not get my contract renewed for wireless.  Despite offering a fantastic service, I am not sure I can deal with a company that hires and trains such terrible customer service.  Treating customers this way is unacceptable. 

Re: Terrible Customer Service
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Polybus!

We were able to get you your refund. Thank you very much for your patience while we worked towards the resolution of the issue. I hope you have a great weekend.

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes
erwp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had a very similar experience as the original poster in this forum topic. I cancelled my Verizon FiOs service on Oct. 15, 2013 (because I moved to a neighborhood not served by Verizon). (I returned my equipment at a UPS Store because the prepaid packing slip from Verizon didn't arrive in time, even though I put in a request three weeks before my move.)

Since October, I have received three (3) "final bills" for a negative balance, the most recent one dated 1/4/14.

After receiving the second "final bill" in December, I called Verizon customer service and was told that I wouldn't receive any more final bills and would be issued a check soon. I guess that's not the case. Honestly, I've given up hope that Verizon will ever mail me a refund check, but please, guys, could you stop sending me bills for a negative balance?

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

erwp,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello erwp,

Due to you no longer responding in your private support thread, it seems the refund check has arrived successfully. We have closed  your private support case. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need some help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes