The Wireless MAC Authentication link has disappeared...?
Zoey_DC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can no longer login to my router using 192.168.1.1 - now I get a certificate error and I am redirected to MyFiosGateway.com. I am able to login and see my devices, many have stopped working, but not all.  However, now when I login using MyFiosGateway.com I no longer have the option to use MAC address filtering, the Wireless MAC Authentication link has disappeared? And, even there is some debate on using that advanced security feature or not, since it is offered, I use it, and had never had a problem until setting up new Smart Plugs a few days ago, since then my network has gone crazy. I can't figure out why I'm being redirected.   It's not a browser issue and only started after installing the new plugs and them upgrading their firmware.  Never had a problem before.

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The Wireless MAC Authentication link has disappeared...?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It looks like for some Verizon pushed out a firmware update which is why there is this change in the router GUI. This is also the reason you are getting the certificate error. 

The page myfiosgateway.com is not a internet website. It just points to 192.168.1.1 which is the router’s default gateway. That just an easy way connect to the router for the less tech savvy. 

The only thing you can try now is hard reset the router and hope it reverts back to an earlier version. If it does turn off the mac filtering before it updates again. 

View solution in original post

Error connecting to Router - Certificate Error
Zoey_DC
Enthusiast - Level 2

First, I am very familiar with networking, and I had never had any problems with my FiOS internet or router, since the initial setup. I have many devices setup, cameras, thermostats, Amazon smart devices, etc., and everything worked perfectly. 2 days ago I setup several new TP-Link smart plugs, I already had 2 on my network.

After the initial setup, everything worked fine as planned, however after several hours I noticed that many of my Wifi devices stopped working - not all devices, but something happened that knocked all of my cameras and plugs offline, and some of my Amazon devices, but not all, yet some Wifi devices work fine?

Also, now when I try to login to my router, I get an error message - Certificate Error, and I'm redirected to login to my router using an untrusted certificate.  While I am able to access my router, and I that the router interface has changed, I still see all of my devices, but I no longer have the ability to modify how I have my devices setup using the MAC address to access my network.

Very strange, I've never seen this before - I was thinking should I completely reset my router and setup all devices again, or is this a problem that someone has seen and might have a solution for.  The biggest issue is now my router has a new interface, with some of the advance security settings missing, and I have no idea how that happened?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you.

0 Likes
Re: Error connecting to Router - Certificate Error
ted88
Enthusiast - Level 1
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It looks like for some Verizon pushed out a firmware update which is why there is this change in the router GUI. This is also the reason you are getting the certificate error. 

The page myfiosgateway.com is not a internet website. It just points to 192.168.1.1 which is the router’s default gateway. That just an easy way connect to the router for the less tech savvy. 

The only thing you can try now is hard reset the router and hope it reverts back to an earlier version. If it does turn off the mac filtering before it updates again. 

Zoey_DC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you...!  That is the exact same conclusion I came too, I plan to reset my router, I've disconnected all wifi devices, and I'm going to bring everything back online one at a time, and take it from there.  Funny, this problem didn't start until I setup 3 new Smart Plugs, they all did a firmware update, but I didn't know that the router had a update come down.

Is there anyway I can check to see exactly when the router firmware update was pushed down?  I looked and couldn't find it.  Also, the idea that I can't use the IP address to access the router now, I've never seen that before, hopefully it will revert back after my reset.

Thanks for the response!

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be in the system log under System Monitor but I’ll have to check next time I can log into the router. Hopefully Verizon will send out an update soon to fix the bug. Until then good luck. 

0 Likes
lwdjgLS

How do we get a fix for this?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon will put out another firmware update to fix. Until then you can try hard reseting the router and leave MAC filters off. 

Zoey_DC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, there is no fix - I did the reset and re-setup my network, I actually wanted to change my SSID, etc., so this was a good opportunity to reset everything.  With the new firmware, there is no way to setup Wireless MAC Authentication, and your devices that were previously setup might expereince issues.

There seems to be alot of debate on if MAC Authentication is useful, I thought it was cool, and just an extra layer of security, but it's gone now.

I did check my system logs and saw that indeed the firmware update was pushed down at the time I started having issues, so I think this problem is resovled, eventhough after the firmware update, I get the redirect to access my router, which seems strange, I've always used the IP, but I guess that's a change I'll have to live with...

0 Likes
Re: fios quantum g1100 router firmware update
Lobes1664

I was updated to Firmware Version: 02.02.00.13,  Hardware Version: 1.03 and  UI Version: v1.0.388.

None of my devices could connect to the main wifi network. I had all of them configured via MAC Authentication. Well, guess what? MAC Authentication is no longer available on this version, so it basically screwed all of my existing devices that used it. 

Everything could connect just fine to my GUEST network.

So I did a live chat with Verizon, and they had me do a factory reset. Now all works fine, however, no more MAC Authentication, as it no longer exists in this version of the UI.

0 Likes