Re: The Wireless MAC Authentication link has disappeared...?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Zoey_DC wrote:

Sorry, there is no fix - I did the reset and re-setup my network, I actually wanted to change my SSID, etc., so this was a good opportunity to reset everything.  With the new firmware, there is no way to setup Wireless MAC Authentication, and your devices that were previously setup might expereince issues.

There seems to be alot of debate on if MAC Authentication is useful, I thought it was cool, and just an extra layer of security, but it's gone now.

I did check my system logs and saw that indeed the firmware update was pushed down at the time I started having issues, so I think this problem is resovled, eventhough after the firmware update, I get the redirect to access my router, which seems strange, I've always used the IP, but I guess that's a change I'll have to live with...

It is probably just a temporary bug in the new update. Every router has MAC filtering. I would just keep an eye out for another update to see if that fixes the filtering and certificate issues. 

I don't use Gateway router since I use my own router. I did plug it in last night to log into it. I am able to access it with 192.168.1.1 using Chrome. I do also get the certificate error. 

0 Likes
Re: fios quantum g1100 router firmware update
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Lobes1664 wrote:

I was updated to Firmware Version: 02.02.00.13,  Hardware Version: 1.03 and  UI Version: v1.0.388.

None of my devices could connect to the main wifi network. I had all of them configured via MAC Authentication. Well, guess what? MAC Authentication is no longer available on this version, so it basically screwed all of my existing devices that used it. 

Everything could connect just fine to my GUEST network.

So I did a live chat with Verizon, and they had me do a factory reset. Now all works fine, however, no more MAC Authentication, as it no longer exists in this version of the UI.

It's most likely just a bug in the new firmware. I would keep checking to see if a new firmware version fixes the MAC Authentication. I don't know why Verizon would take out completely. 

0 Likes
Fios router MAC authentication page
DJSasha

I lost the ability to use MAC authentication on my Fios router. Has anyone else experience this issue?

I cannot get a Verizon Tech on the phone to discuss.

Any help would be appriciated

0 Likes
GigabitShark

Had the same issue and had to reset and reapply network settings before my devices reconnected. And yes the MAC filter link is gone:(

I spoke to 3 verizon agents and none had a clue about this or they were hiding the known issue/bug from us until they get a handle on it.

0 Likes
Re: Fios router MAC authentication page
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@DJSasha wrote:

I lost the ability to use MAC authentication on my Fios router. Has anyone else experience this issue?

I cannot get a Verizon Tech on the phone to discuss.

Any help would be appriciated

Did you happen to read the other posts? Verizon did a firmware upgrade on the router recently. For some reason MAC filtering is no longer in the settings. No one is sure if this is something permanent or if it Verizon plans to take it out completely. Just keep an eye out for future firmware updates to see if that fixes the issue. 

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@GigabitShark wrote:

Had the same issue and had to reset and reapply network settings before my devices reconnected. And yes the MAC filter link is gone:(

I spoke to 3 verizon agents and none had a clue about this or they were hiding the known issue/bug from us until they get a handle on it.

Being this is a recent update that's not something a basic tech support person would know about. We will just have to wait to see if a another firmware update brings it back. 

0 Likes
Gateway router no longer allows me to exclude non-household MAC addresses
vz_shot

This morning there were some issues with my Gateway Router.

The Verizon tech I chatted with said to reset to factory settings. I did so.

There does not appear to be a way to permit only my own household's MAC addresses onto my WiFi networks.

How do I set up the router to deny access to any MAC address which I don't recognize, without having to ask me about it, or my having to find out about it later on after my WiFi has already been breached?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

An issue has been identified with the BHR4 2.2 Firmware Update that is causing customers to lose wireless connectivity if they were using MAC Filtering prior to the update.

As @Edg1  has stated, to rectify the issue, you will need to do a factory reset to gain Wi-Fi connectivity again. Once the router has been reset you will be able to connect your devices.

You will not be able to set MAC Filtering on the router until the 2.3 Firmware Update is available.

We apologize for this inconvenience. 

Thanks. 

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
Re: fios quantum g1100 router firmware update
waynebo

Well, it looks like someone put in a fix WITHOUT TESTING IT!

Does this mean that whatever partial patch they put on orphaned some code?

Somewhere in there, code is expecting a MAC Filtering bit to be set to indicate the device is authorized, and without it, the router is denying these devices connectivity!

0 Likes
Re: Gateway router no longer allows me to exclude non-household MAC addresses
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

They did a firmware update and some reason MAC filtering was left out. It be in the next update. 

0 Likes