Trying to get setup fee waived ...
NTZS

So I wound up making the same mistake others on the forum have made - I looked up the plan and promotions online, then called in to verify eligibility and make the setup order (and get the complete sales pitch as it so happens, but I can't fault the rep for doing her job).  Unfortunately, this method does not have the setup fee waived; I called Verizon customer service, and while the woman I spoke to was polite, they said they were able to take off half of it.  I would prefer the entire thing to be removed.

Who or what department specifically would I need to talk to for that to happen?  The installation has not occurred yet, and I would really not have to pay effectively one (or two and a half) extra months of service just because I made the mistake of giving a sales rep a chance to try and upsell me.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Trying to get setup fee waived ...
jonjones1
Legend

@NTZS wrote:

So I wound up making the same mistake others on the forum have made - I looked up the plan and promotions online, then called in to verify eligibility and make the setup order (and get the complete sales pitch as it so happens, but I can't fault the rep for doing her job).  Unfortunately, this method does not have the setup fee waived; I called Verizon customer service, and while the woman I spoke to was polite, they said they were able to take off half of it.  I would prefer the entire thing to be removed.

Who or what department specifically would I need to talk to for that to happen?  The installation has not occurred yet, and I would really not have to pay effectively one (or two and a half) extra months of service just because I made the mistake of giving a sales rep a chance to try and upsell me.

Thank you!

Since you have a 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee I would just call up and cancel before it’s installed.

the waiver of the installation fee is better done from the online ordering versus going through telephone sales or online chat.

once you start the cancellation process before install Verizon will give you what you want to save the sale. Make sure you get a written confirmation email before agreeing to the new install.

0 Likes
Re: Trying to get setup fee waived ...
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi NTZS,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes