Re: unable to access certain websites
Not applicable

Hubris- I checked my date and time and the only discrepancy was on my ipod, which I fixed, but the problem still persists. Thanks for the tip though.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I fluctuate between Safari and Firefox on my macbook and I just stick with Firefox on my desktop.

0 Likes
Not applicable

mg234-  Yeah, I am thinking what you are thinking. I've accessed the sites no problem using my phone's browser in my house, or anywhere for that matter. I've also accessed the sites on my macbook while connected to a different network. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

cjacobs- Sounds like my desktop could use that tip even if there were no SSL problems. Unfortunately that program is exclusive to Windows, but I've researched and Apple has programs like Onyx and Cocktail.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

and you said you can't access the site even using a proxy like megaproxy?     

0 Likes
mg234

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

and you said you can't access the site even using a proxy like megaproxy?     

I can access the sites through a proxy. Patrick's problem is connecting to his bank, which he can't do through a proxy with SSL.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hubris-  I tried a different proxy, trycatchme and I was able to get into the website, but not able to view what is usually there.

0 Likes
dat532

I have the same issue: connection has timed out on certain sites. These sites are: 1) Financial, ex. Fidelity 401K 2) Normal, ex. NOAA Government for local weather. On the same Verizon network at home, using company computer via VPN, all is fine.

The issue has started last week, the week of 12/20/10.

Contacted VERIZON Tech Support on 12/23/10, eventually was told by Tech Support that there is an issue with secure IP sites, was confirmed the problem is at Verizon end. The Tech Rep. Promised an outlook for solution in of the next day.

I still have problem as of now.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I shut every device connected to my router off, and turned the router itself off, all night (about 9 hours). I turned everything back on in the morning. I can now access the sites I was unable to access previously. Hopefully this is a permanent fix.

Vasko1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My problem was also solved by turning the router off for the whole night, thanks to Hubrisnxs. See solution in my message: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/I-can-t-access-to-certain-web-sites/m-p/264017/highlight/...

0 Likes