Unable to clear the schedule for a blocked device?
seriously1xe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an android device that I cannot get removed from my router.

This means I am paying for internet that I cannot use?

When I click 'clear schedule' I get the following error?

https://www.verizon.com/fqg/members/newdevicesandparental

Sorry! unable to create schedule, Date and Time not selected properly.

Re: Unable to clear the schedule for a blocked device?
jonjones1
Legend

@seriously1xe wrote:

I have an android device that I cannot get removed from my router.

This means I am paying for internet that I cannot use?

When I click 'clear schedule' I get the following error?

https://www.verizon.com/fqg/members/newdevicesandparental

Sorry! unable to create schedule, Date and Time not selected properly.

You are not paying for internet simply because your android device is connected to your routers wifi broadcast. Go into the wifi settings and select “forget network” and you won’t be on it any longer.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model router do you have?

Have you tried changing the times?

Maybe may start and stop 1 minute apart.

That would only block for 1 minute.

Worst case, factory reset the router.

That would claer everything out.

This is not terrible unless you have quite a bit of customization.

0 Likes
lauralin2000

I have exactly the same situation. I have blocked two of my Alexa dots by mistake and couldn't unblock it using online site . Every time I unchecked the Block Internet choice and press Save, it gives me "Sorry! unable to create schedule, Date and Time not selected properly."  Call the support and the representative blocked 6 more devices without being able to unblock them.  

I have the most current Fios router and have tried everything from setting block time to 1 min to unchecked the block internet checkbox. Nothing works for me. On my FIOS app, all devices are enabled and not blocked. But in reality, all my Dots cannot connect to the internet. 

0 Likes
JamKo

Similar problem here. I blocked my daughters iphone and apple tv for a day. Unblocked them both. Both say enabled now, but neither has internet access.

0 Likes
joma68
Enthusiast - Level 1

I came to this forum trying to find the same answers in clearing the schedule for a blocked device. I also tried to "Clear the schedule" but didn't work by the site having a continuous load but never completed the clearing schedule command. 

I also found another command link showing "Remove this device" alongside the Apply button. I thought this would delete the device from the list of connected devices. My daughter actually encouraged me to hit this command link and try it.  Well it worked, it removed the device from the schedule block but did not delete the laptop from the device list. After hitting the "Remove this device" command link, her laptop remained active and reconnected to the internet.

Oh, by the way,  I read another person's response in this forum- to change the schedule block adjusting to one minute, I tried this approach. First of all, there are only increments of 5 minutes on this block schedule and second, this adds another schedule block to the device - it doesn't supersede the first block.  For those, who tried this suggestion, you will need to hit "Remove this device" more than once -depending on how many schedule adjustments were conducted (I had to hit Remove this device twice). Scrolling to locate said device under Devices and Parental Controls should show if there's still a block- go back into that device and Remove this device. 

I hope this is helpful.

0 Likes
joma68
Enthusiast - Level 1

I came to this forum trying to find the same answers in clearing the schedule for a blocked device. I also tried to "Clear the schedule" but didn't work by the site having a continuous load but never completed the clearing schedule command. 

I also found another command link showing "Remove this device" alongside the Apply button. I thought this would delete the device from the list of connected devices. My daughter actually encouraged me to hit this command link and try it.  Well it worked, it removed the device from the schedule block but did not delete the laptop from the device list. After hitting the "Remove this device" command link, her laptop remained active and reconnected to the internet.

Oh, by the way,  I read another person's response in this forum- to change the schedule block adjusting to one minute, I tried this approach. First of all, there are only increments of 5 minutes on this block schedule and second, this adds another schedule block to the device - it doesn't supersede the first block.  For those, who tried this suggestion, you will need to hit "Remove this device" more than once -depending on how many schedule adjustments were conducted (I had to hit Remove this device twice). Scrolling to locate said device under Devices and Parental Controls should show if there's still a block- go back into that device and Remove this device. 

I hope this is helpful.

0 Likes