Re: Unstable high latency during certain times
Darn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I to can confirm this issue only for  me its days at a time when it will be laggy. i only have time to play online games from about 7:00pm to midnight pst during the week and ever since i switched to fios the lag is horrible 90% of the time. Every once in a while ill log on to xbox live and ill get game after game of smooth play. When it laggy like it is most of the time its unplayable. My connection bars are either red or orange. I could join 30 games and all of them will give me red or orange connection bars. Every once in a while it will make me the host and then ill proceed to watch everyone in my game quit out.  Ive called tech support so many times but they dont seem to know the difference between bandwidth and latency. I tell them i could have all the bandwidth in the world but if my packets are arriving at their destination 100-200ms later its not going to mean **bleep**. It sucks cause im stuck with this service for another 9 months, my clan has put me on inactive until i get it fixed. I switched from comcast because it suffered from bad latency times during peek hours, but now im regretting it because their seems to be no rhyme or reason for fios's consistently bad ping times. At least when i was on comcast i could forecast what time of day could play lag free, but with fios i might as well not even play. Btw im from Orange County, CA

0 Likes
sonicthoughts
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having latency issues - is this the only place to report network issues?

Route is to 0.so-2-0-0.XT2.SEA1.ALTER.NET from 0.so-7-0-0.XL4.EWR6.ALTER.NET [152.63.20.13].

Verizon - do you monitor these boards?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

No they don't, sonicthoughts. This is a peer to peer support forum where members can share information and get assistance from other Verizon users.

If you need assistance from Verizon, you can contact them through one of the options on this page:

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes