06-16-2015 05:16 AM
Despite there's a post set as a solution about this issue, it's not.
I have my FIOS TV/INTERNET (50mps) installed yesterday in my new apartment and went with my wife to test it at evening (I haven't move to it yet) and VPN connection was so slow that she coudn't work on it.
Some Very Important info
1. She was used to connect till a month ago in BRAZIL, using a 5mbps connection fast and with no problems at all
2. The connection is perfect even under a 3G AT&T cell phone as hot spot.
3) We are living temporality in a Hotel with a slow internet, but the VPN works here with NO problem at ALL
4) She used to be in shift and connect on several different WiFis in Buffalo (malls, etc, etc) with NO problem
5) The first and only problem with connecting VPN is on FIOS
6) She works for HSBC and her laptop is locked for any change in configuration
7) we will definitevely have to cancel our new subscription if this problem is not solved very soon
Please, any help !!
06-16-2015 06:24 AM
Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.
06-16-2015 07:41 PM
Are you able to provide a traceroute to the problematic VPN Gateway or website for us to see? Additionally, can we confirm that this trouble is seen while wired into the router with a cable?
06-18-2015 11:55 AM
Lots of VPN work on FIOS, including CISCO VPN. Looking at CISCO site they seem to imply CISCO VPN (by that name) is no longer available, but her company may still be using it. Do you know what flavor she is using. Some ports may need to be opened on the router.
Note you are talking to PEERS here. I am not sure that Verizon will offer any support on this kind of issue anyway.