USB Port on MI424WR Rev.I
Mainiac007

Are these USB ports active for file sharing on the router?

Would be great to be able to stream data through a conencted HD.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: USB Port on MI424WR Rev.I
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has no requirement to provide a router with a functional USB.

They happened to choose a platform that has it, but have chosen (most likely for support purposes) to not activate it.
If you don't have Verizon STBs, you can easily use your own router with functional USB ports.

View solution in original post

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

The USB port is not active on the Verizon version of the Actiontec router.

0 Likes
warmbeers

Why is this marked as solved?  This is not solved - this is failed, failed on the part of Verizon to provide a router that is not fully functional.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@warmbeers wrote:

Why is this marked as solved?  This is not solved - this is failed, failed on the part of Verizon to provide a router that is not fully functional.

It was marked that way because the routers USB is not functional. Either by design or request from Fios.

If you used your own router the USB ports may be operational.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has no requirement to provide a router with a functional USB.

They happened to choose a platform that has it, but have chosen (most likely for support purposes) to not activate it.
If you don't have Verizon STBs, you can easily use your own router with functional USB ports.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes