Verizon E3200 Wi-Fi Extender - Performance
eveningcoffee

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has purchased the new E3200 extender and their thoughts/experience with wireless performance (download/upload speeds, latency, etc.) when paired with a G3100 router using the wireless backhaul?  Particularly interested in comparisons with the extender connected via a wired backhaul (coax/ethernet) and/or no extender at all

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon E3200 Wi-Fi Extender - Performance
KDnVB
Enthusiast - Level 3

My E3200 backbone kept reverting to 2.4GHz from 5GHz slowing down everything connected so I moved it near a STB coax connection and split the connection. 

When compared to my previous ASUS AC88U and AC68U AiMesh setup, the G3100 and E3200  are inferior in range and SON is extremely inferior to AiMesh.  IMO, they need to add a RSSI setting to the G3100 to have the ability to tweak when clients switch between the routers due to signal strength.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon E3200 Wi-Fi Extender - Performance
hubcapbrian
Enthusiast - Level 2

My E3200 is connected via coax because it's next to the STP while the G3100 is next to the ONT, the two units on opposite ends of the house. I'm getting speeds over 850Mbps when near either unit and about 500Mbps when in the worst parts of the house. This is with 802.11ac devices.

0 Likes