Verizon Unreachable / 17 days late on service
Ben1113

I guess this is par for Verizon from reading through these forums. I am trying to get internet hooked up to my business (yes I am continuously losing money every day you guys stall on me) with an original installation date of May 5th. That day, after waiting beyond the 2 hour window, I reschedule for May 8th and was prepared to just wait all day since the 2 hour window seems to mean nothing. 

On May 8th, the technician actually arrived in the alotted time, but said that additional infrastructure had to be included for my installation. This could take UP TO 2 weeks, but the guy expected that it would take less. So 2 weeks go by and I call verizon, they are "experiencing high call volume than normal" so it says I will wait an hour, I decide to get a call back. The call back comes to me and I still wait almost an hour. Finally I speak to a representative who essentially cannot tell me anything about an update on my service, so I am now left assuming nothing has even started on it. He does tell me that the manager in charge has my name and number and I will receive a call later that day or the following day. I didn't.

I am now back on the phone, Verizon has 'higher than expected call volume' so I will be waiting for 53-93 minutes. I request a call back, and I am now on hold even though my call pack was for a half hour ago, so clearly the call back method is not capable of timing things correctly either. 

I am now a full 17 days out from my service and am obviously handcuffed to this terrible company. I am actively looking at mobile hotspot solutions because the revenue I have lost due to incoherent scheduling and service has driven me to much more expensive possiblities because at least in those cases, I can control when I will have internet! Is there any way that I can try to get a hold of someone who can actually give me some sort of real update or let me know why this is taking so long? Any way to talk to a real person in less than an hour? 

Still on hold Verizon....

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Unreachable / 17 days late on service
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Ben1113,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes