What to do when being wrongly charged for equipment
lilburra
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope this isn't breaking any forum rules or anything by posting but I'm having a huge problem with Verizon lately. When I moved out of my apartment in July I cancelled my FiOS service. I was in the middle of getting some boxes (to return the equipment) sent to my new address by the representative I was talking to and then as she's doing it she says to me something along the lines of... "Oh, it says here that you leave the equipment there." I thought it was odd but there was already some kind of verizon thing in the building when I moved in and she was the representative so I didn't question it. I leave it there and I move out. I start getting calls from Verizon asking me to pay my bill. I'm confused because... I don't have verizon service anymore. I look and they're charging me for the equipment! :(. At this time I talk to a representative over the chat on Verizon.com and she says she'll put in a request to have the charges removed. Great!!! I stopped getting calls.

It's January now and I've been thinking about getting service at this new address (my mom's place). When I login, the charge is still there for unreturned equipment. I tried calling Verizon but I can't get a hold of any representative to help me with this because apparently my account has been sent to collections. What the heck am I supposed to do about this? I don't plan on paying for a mistake that a representative made. Does anyone know a better way to contact someone useful?

0 Likes
Re: What to do when being wrongly charged for equipment
jonjones1
Legend

Unfortunately this is a common thing with Fios and wireless in that representatives will tell you anything even if it wrong.

too late now but in the future return all equipment to a physical Verizon Fios location. You can find one via google.

you have a worse problem other than non returned equipment in that collections results in a ding on all three (actually 4) credit bureaus which negative marks results in lower credit score and it stays on for 7 years. 

Couple that with Fios will claim they never said that results in you having to pay them for the equipment.

You could file a complaint with your states attorney generals office or states public utilities commission which may be able to assist you.

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lilburra,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
lilburra
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't seen anything on my credit report yet, but that sucks :(. I'll be contacting someone else if Verizon refuses to clear the charge. There's no way I'm paying for this haha.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@lilburra wrote:

I haven't seen anything on my credit report yet, but that sucks :(. I'll be contacting someone else if Verizon refuses to clear the charge. There's no way I'm paying for this haha.

Best of luck to you 😀

0 Likes