When will FIOS rollout in Syracuse,New York be complete??
HenryTS772
I live in the Eastwood section of Syracuse in the area of Henninger High School and it seems parts of the city  all around me have FIOS  as well as areas surrounding the city ( some are even getting FIOS TV) and I was wondering if anyone has any info on when the City of Syracuse will be done completely. I called the number for FIOS in the contact us section and all it did as me for a pin # and nothing else and then hung up. I called the main number and was transferred to another number where  I gave my phone number  and info and was asked to hold while they look up the info- after about 10 minutes on hold I was hung up on ( if it was accidental they could have called back as they had my phone number)- this is called customer service by Verizon- but it got worse. I currently have DSL and when it works it is great - unless it rains. It has been quite rainy this year and every time we ge  rain I lose connection and it slowly comes back as the wires dry up ( I have a friend who is a Verizon tech and he told me they are aware of the problem- it is caused by old wires on the poles in the area but they will be running FIOS here EVENTUALLY so they will not invest in repairing them ). Well  - I have a couple months left on my 1 year deal so I thought I would check what the early cancellation  fee would be as I was totally fed up with the poor reliability so I called customer service and apparently got a call center in India ( judging by the accent and the direction the conversation went). I explained my situation and was told it would cost $79 early termination so I decided to stick it out and if FIOS wasn't here yet I would go back to RR with TW ( yeah - it may slow down when others get on but at least I don't lose connection when it rains. Her "solution" was to put my DSL account for "only" $9.95/month since you can not use your Internet connection during your "rainy season" and then asked my how long the "rainy season" lasts where I live. I knew it was time to go at that point but yet even after all that I am still interested in FIOS so any ifo would be appreciated.
0 Likes
Re: When will FIOS rollout in Syracuse,New York be complete??
spacedebris
Master - Level 2
Unfortunatly Verizon keeps their schedules pretty tight to the vest. They do not make them public. I've been told that is to prevent the competition from going out just before Verizon is supposed to be ready and locking everyone into contracts to prevent switching. Generally you will know before anyone else, as verizon will be out digging up the streets (if putting the cables underground) once they finish a neighborhood and leave, then on average it is about 6 weeks later before it is available to sign up for.