Wireless speed slower in one part of the house
kaplan71

Hello --

I have set up another computer in a different location of my house. The location is on the opposite end from the router. I have noticed the Interent connection speed is much slower at this location. I suspect the wireless signal from the router to the computer loses some of its strength.

Is there an access point, ap, or other device that I can use to boost the signal? If not, what are my other option(s)? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Wireless speed slower in one part of the house
jonjones1
Legend

@kaplan71 wrote:

Hello --

I have set up another computer in a different location of my house. The location is on the opposite end from the router. I have noticed the Interent connection speed is much slower at this location. I suspect the wireless signal from the router to the computer loses some of its strength.

Is there an access point, ap, or other device that I can use to boost the signal? If not, what are my other option(s)? Thanks.

You can get a network extender or extenders, you can get a mesh system (very expensive) you can purchase your own router and make sure it has external antennas and beam forming and ac/a/b/g/n bands, triband etc.(can run $200-$400)

if you are renting now you will save $10-$13 per month which will help with your new purchase.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Netgear has plenty of wifi extenders. They also have Orbi but that is a little on the expensive side.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Edg1 wrote:

Netgear has plenty of wifi extenders. They also have Orbi but that is a little on the expensive side.

Yep I use Netgear everything no matter what it costs. šŸ˜€

0 Likes