Can't view Olympics 3D channel properly
MarylandFiOSFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, so I stumbled onto channel 1003 - Olympics in 3D. Except that I can't view it in 3D. The channel is displayed in a split screen with 2 images side by side. Putting on the 3D glasses only shows the picture with the side by side split screen format.

When I tune to 1002 - ESPN 3D - the FiOS button on the remote is active and allows the screen to be changed from side by side to top / bottom images. The screen set to top / bottom and I have no issue with 3D viewing.

Pressing the FiOS remote button when 1003 is tuned in only displays the programming info at the bottom of the screen. It doesn't not have the inter-activity that channel 1002 has.

73" Mitshubiti TV - model WD-73738

XPAND 3D glasses

0 Likes
Re: Can't view Olympics 3D channel properly
tns
Master - Level 2

Most 3d sets have a option to manually switch from side by side to a 3d image.  You may have to switch the output to 1080I for your set to view Side-by-side in 3d.

Until IMG 1.9 rolled out all the 3d channels had to be switched manually from either Side-by-side or top-Bottom.

Yeah it would be nice if it was done automatically, because info screens, etc, can be properly read when they are.

0 Likes
MarylandFiOSFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

@tns wrote:

Most 3d sets have a option to manually switch from side by side to a 3d image.  You may have to switch the output to 1080I for your set to view Side-by-side in 3d.

Until IMG 1.9 rolled out all the 3d channels had to be switched manually from either Side-by-side or top-Bottom.

Yeah it would be nice if it was done automatically, because info screens, etc, can be properly read when they are.

I have IMG 1.9 and don't really recall changing 1002 to the top / bottom format - just mentioned that since it's not an option for 1003.

I'll see if the TV will let me change 1003 to the top / bottom format when I get home.

0 Likes
MarylandFiOSFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sitting in front of TV now with. 3D settting is on Automatic. The manual says if the image is correct the STB is HDMI 1.4a compliant.

ESPN 1002 looks great, Olympics 1003 is still in side by side format.

Go back to settings and change Automatic to top / bottom.

ESPN 1002 looks great, Olympics 1003 is still in side by side format.

Nothing I do on the TV menu (automatic, top / bottom, checkerboard) seems to change the side by side display for the Olympics channel 1003. Changing the automatic setting screws up ESPN 1002 but nothing changes 1003.

0 Likes