Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Cinemax is now included with your package at no additional cost!

alevenso
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Cinemax is now included with your package at no additional cost!

Message 1 of 6
(2,155 Views)

Did anyone else get this email - will I save money or will this cost me more money? I assume save? Anyone have more details?

Dear Customer:

Good news for customers currently subscribed to the Ultimate FiOS® TV package. Cinemax
is now included with your package at no additional cost!

We will change your current HBO/Cinemax subscription to HBO only. Your account will be credited for the price difference between HBO/Cinemax and HBO from the effective date of the Ultimate Package change. Please note you may not see these reflected on your bill for several months.

Additionally, if you are currently receiving an HBO/Cinemax promotion, you will continue to enjoy it against your HBO package for the duration of your promotional period.

No action is needed on your part. We will take care of these changes for you!

Thank you for choosing Verizon.

Sincerely,
Verizon

5 REPLIES 5
optivity
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Re: Cinemax is now included with your package at no additional cost!

Message 2 of 6
(2,092 Views)

I subscribe to the  Ultimate FiOS® TV package w/HBO (Albany, NY).

A few weeks ago I began receiving Cinemax & Cinemax on-demand for no additional cost.

charliewatts
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 3 of 6
(2,056 Views)

Additionally, if you are currently receiving an HBO/Cinemax promotion, you will continue to enjoy it against your HBO package for the duration of your promotional period.

I am an Ultimate HD sub. with HBO/MAX.  I don't understand this line.  Can somebody please explain? 

adrhart
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(2,036 Views)

I believe it means if you were getting a promotional rate of 1/2 off an HBO/Cinemax package it would continue although you were only getting charged for HBO.   Of course my experience was not as described above.   When I noticed the change on my bill today I called FIOS and learned that Cinemax was now included in my highest tier TV package.  I would only be charged for HBO  - HOWEVER the CSR could not apply a 1/2 discount to HBO.  So now I  pay more for HBO alone then I did for HBO/Cinemax together - $16.99 vs $12.50 (with the credit).   I just canceled HBO today. 

beetlejuice
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 5 of 6
(1,883 Views)

I know for a fact people in NY get ALL of the movie channels in the Ultimate package because of all of the competition. I wish they were all included in Florida. I have to stick with the 50% off for a year for HBO.

sharonel
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(1,194 Views)

Thank you for clarifying my question!

{edited for privacy}

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title