Decades
Lg311

Has the Decades channel been moved or dropped? It was channel 483 in the 19382 area.

0 Likes
Decades TV gone
Jharaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here we go again! Why did you drop Decades TV? It’s one of the best retro channels around. Please bring it back!

0 Likes
Re: Decades TV gone
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

From the Decades website

To our Decades viewers: As of Monday, Sep. 3, the Decades network has a number of different affiliates in cities across the U.S. We regret that in some cities, Decades is temporarily unavailable. Please check back to this page frequently for information on new channels for Decades this fall

So Verizon didn't drop them. The local channel carrying them did.

0 Likes
Re: Constantly changing tv!
TMendez528
Enthusiast - Level 2

Completely agree. Being in NJ myself I see no valid excuse for Verizon to allow this to happen. regardless of what they claim. Verizon is capable of excising if not control, certainly some influence over a broadcasters content.

0 Likes
Re: Constantly changing tv!, Dropping Decades
TMendez528
Enthusiast - Level 2

Honestly. Im so tired of this game that Verizon plays be it by their own action or not with moving channels,removingchannels, getting rid of content I want and replacing it with content I do not. changing packages to extort you into paying more money.

Im thinking of Dropping Fios TV and perhaps Verizons entire service as well and just getting my internet from another provider. and do like more and more people are doing and getting the TV and sporting events I WANT to see as oppossed to the ones they force upon us and "allow" us to have that way instead.

Verizon and other TV providers better learn to get with the program and realise that more and more people arent willing to put up with this nonsense any longer as the reason for them "cutting the cord"  Or they will go the way of the Dodo bird

0 Likes
Re: Decades TV gone
charhurl

I just signed up for service and checked for Decades channel right away. 4 days later it was gone, replaced by a garbage channel. I am seeing a discrepancy in channels offered in various packages to push subscribers to upgrade. Greed is killing this country.

0 Likes
Tiredofpaying

Why in the world did Fios drop one of the good Channels. I am so tired of paying sooooo much money and having nothing good to watch. At least with decades you could watch some good retro shows. How the new channel stinks and my entire family will never watch.  Yet another change that really really stinkd

0 Likes
glennrussell
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, DECADES was/is a great station!  I hope that FIOS gets it back.  The replacemt staion, I haven't found any shows of interest, so I haven't seen any of the new stations commercials either. Maybe the advertisers should contact FIOS.

0 Likes
DECADES returning to FIOS?
glennrussell
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any word on DECADES returning to FIOS in the Hudson Valley NY?

0 Likes
Re: DECADES returning to FIOS?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to have a local channel carry it as a sub channel.

Verizon doesn't carry this (and no other provider does either) unless it is a sub channel to one of your local channels.