Re: dropping bloomberg TV
Veriz_Customer
Enthusiast - Level 1

The decision to drop Bloomberg is outrageous. It is one of the few channels I actually watch. I couldn't believe they dropped the Weather Channel but dropping Bloomberg is actually worse. Don't plan to renew my contract next time.

zebbyyyy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am very upset about the sudden decison by Verizon to drop Bloomberg from the line up with only one day notice.  If they do not bring Bloomberg back I am heading back to Comcast...even if I have to pay a contract cancellation fee!

USA needs factual news! restore Bloomberg !
bjanet
Enthusiast - Level 1

with news facts and reporting under partisan attack we need facts like Bloomberg more than ever. 

restore Bloomberg

this is not a business decision. it is about responsibility in programming

thanks

DaveDevo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please bring back Bloomberg!  I pay big money for my Verizon TV package and it's one of the only stations I watch.  Stop the nickel and dime crap.  

JohnC14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yup. This is ridiculous, especially for the reason they are citing. Doesn't matter if Bloomberg is free to people on apps or not. If you Verizon makes money from broadcasting this "free" stuff, you need to pay. It is that simple. Plus, people can watch local channels with antenan for free too. Does Verizon pay those local channels in order to have them on its network. I believe it does. 

I watch Bloomberg everyday. Without it, I will drop TV subscription next time I renew. 

bert_nyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring back Bloomberg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Streaming is no substitute, people love it, people appreaciate it! 

Handle1
Enthusiast - Level 1

No verizon the Bloomberg content is not available for free on apps or internet. 

Those options dont provide the important crawler at bottom of tv screen on market condition or the text of news stories on the right side of screen

fios you have removed content that is valuable and sorely missed. Yet you still charge me the same amount    Been with fios fir 15+ years and will have to go to comcast as a result of this action 

Bob1410
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bloomberg is also one of the very few channels I watch regularly.  That, Fox, ESPN, BTN and local channels. I've never watched the free HBO I got when renewing, nor the Showtime offering. It's not that I like Bloomberg's increasingly vocal liberal bias, but they do discuss business and economic news somewhat rationally, which is more than can be said for its competitors. And I see no reason not to pay for Bloomberg content if Verizon pays for local content. There's no other option available in my area since Cox doesn't carry it. The only possibility is to watch online, which I can't do and eat breakfast, lunch or dinner at the same time, or invest in a Roku stick. That's not likely to work, either, because I almost never get the Internet speeds I'm supposed to be getting, (and it's not my network).  Plus I deplore the officious manner in which Verizon deals with these issues.  I can tell you NOBODY is going to watch Verizon content exclusively, so they'd better give up dreams of becoming the next Disney, or whatever, and give us back the Internet we intially came to them for.

0 Likes
hd512
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bloomberg TV is quality programming and to put it simply for ~$160 per month I absolutely expect to have this channel. This is good motivation to switch over to Cablevision.

It is time that Verizon and similar offer an a la carte business model for TV. If cost-cutting is the reason for the loss of this channel I expect one of two things to happen:

1) My bill to decrease

2) To be given the ability to highly customize my selection of channels to keep the ones I desire as an individual consumer, priced algorithmically

The one-size-fits-all method of delivering TV is dying and an opportunity is presented to Verizon to either adapt or see more users pull the plug completely.

capsman
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is utterly ridiculous that Verizon which is the most expensive of all the cable companies is not carrying Bloomberg. I pay for premium service and I should get it. Verizon is cutting services but not cutting the price. When it comes time

to renew I will think about going back to cable vision.