DVR with more than 2 channels for recording
Adi3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does or will  verizon offer a DVR that can record more than 2 HD shows at a time. I believe COX and Satelite do that already.

0 Likes
Re: DVR with more than 2 channels for recording
celticpride1
Contributor - Level 2

you can do that on verizon with a tivo roamio plus or pro for 6 tuners or a basic tivo roamio dvr with 4 tuners or if you want,verizon is currently releasing their new VMS 6 tuner dvr depending where you live.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Adi wrote:

Does or will  verizon offer a DVR that can record more than 2 HD shows at a time. I believe COX and Satelite do that already.

See these 2 threads over at DSLReports:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29119552-DVR-All-Things-VMS

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29044849-STB-When-are-the-new-STB-s-coming-

The second thread is long and the information regrding the VMS system are on the later pages.

The VMS is a 6 tuner main box and IP connected client boxes for anyt other TVs.  It is currently rolling out in in selected portions of several VHOs and should be expanding over time.

0 Likes
alevenso
Enthusiast - Level 3

cancel your contract with FIOs and switch to a competitor - supposedly VMS is being rolled out in parts of TX and PA - but yet none of those users are posting anything in Verizon forums about VMS  - only on DSLReports - this seems very strange to me - Verizon has been promising VMS for almost 18 months now - best bet is to switch providers who stay with or ahead of technology - Verizon has never been able to do this in any of its segments - remember how long it took them to launch the iPhone - 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@alevenso wrote:

cancel your contract with FIOs and switch to a competitor - supposedly VMS is being rolled out in parts of TX and PA - but yet none of those users are posting anything in Verizon forums about VMS  - only on DSLReports - this seems very strange to me - Verizon has been promising VMS for almost 18 months now - best bet is to switch providers who stay with or ahead of technology - Verizon has never been able to do this in any of its segments - remember how long it took them to launch the iPhone - 

ITs rolliing out.  Obviously they have a limited supply.  Expect moer aresa to roll out in the next months.  I hope we can entice some of the users on DSLReports to bring their reports over here.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its now showing on the equipment order pages as Quantum TV.  At this time it still appears to only be orderable in limited areas.

0 Likes