How Badly Does Fios Mobile?
ChuckB
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's limited channel selection is so bad you can't even watch the Oscars

When are they going to have a mobile app that's any good, even when it works?

0 Likes
Re: How Badly Does Fios Mobile?
alevenso
Enthusiast - Level 3

about as good as their 2 tuner DVR - Verizon has clearly deinvested in FIOs - just waiting to see who they sell it to before I switch to a compettior - 

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@ChuckB wrote:

It's limited channel selection is so bad you can't even watch the Oscars

When are they going to have a mobile app that's any good, even when it works?

Actually, in your area you could have used the WatchABC app or web site to watch the Oscars.

I find the current mobile app to work very well and it has all of the channels I need. So I presume your exprience is not as positive as mine.

0 Likes
jasonacg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would like to see Verizon reach agreement with more networks, particularly for out-of-home viewing.

More importantly, I hope that Verizon is working on getting permission to enable output from a mobile device to a TV. Now that I'm spending a lot of time in hotels, I would love to have the ability to watch my subscribed programming while I'm away from home. Although I can connect my Android phone or iPad to a TV through HDMI, the output is intentionally disabled through the FiOS app.

Get that fixed, and you'll be my new best friend. 🙂

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@jasonacg wrote:

I would like to see Verizon reach agreement with more networks, particularly for out-of-home viewing.

More importantly, I hope that Verizon is working on getting permission to enable output from a mobile device to a TV. Now that I'm spending a lot of time in hotels, I would love to have the ability to watch my subscribed programming while I'm away from home. Although I can connect my Android phone or iPad to a TV through HDMI, the output is intentionally disabled through the FiOS app.

Get that fixed, and you'll be my new best friend. 🙂

Interesting.  The HDMI output works fine with an Android device.

0 Likes
ChuckB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Suggest you investigate the Slingbox 500

It connects to your DVR and converts your TV signal to WiFi.  You can watch any channel and any program you've recorded on your iPad iPhone Android or other device from anywhere.  Works over LTE too. You need the Slingplayer app for your device which is not free.  Setup was easy 

Bandwidth requirements are not that great so we haven't had buffering problems.

We've been using it for about a year and are happy with it. 

It's what Fios Mobile should be!

0 Likes
tarmistead

At some point in the recent past,  Verizon removed the ability of the Android FIOS Mobile app to stream over HDMI.  You get a message that says HDMI output is not supported.     I can't find anyone that will even discuss this...   I have a android device (not a phone) connected to a TV that I use for media box.  I can no longer watch FIOS content  ( this was my only option because I can't get cable/cable box in this room.

Does nyone from Verizon watch this forum?

0 Likes
ledanger
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is not making any money from the fios mobile app, so they dont care to provide a great app because they know that they wont make money on their STB if they activate the hdmi port on your android box.  i have several android boxes that i installed the same version of the fios mobile app on them,  it works fine on my AFTV but failed to work on my Tronsmart w80 and Ubox andriod boxes.  Getting error when trying to watch a channel that " HDMI is not supported, please disconnnect hdmi to continue watching video...".    seriously VZ, your coder must be retarted to genarate such error on a device that requires a HDMI cable.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They have no idea as to what the device you have loaded android on.
By far, the most common would be  device with a screen (phone or tablet).

0 Likes