Missing Episodes from TV Shows On Demand
radhiap
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Does anyone know why Episode 10 -House of Lies is missing from Showtime On Demand. Episodes 1-9, 11, and 12 are there but not episode 10??!!. This is really peculiar and frustrating, no less.

Also on HBO, episode 4 of Game of Thrones is missing. How long does it take after the episode airs for it to be available on demand?

If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Missing Episodes from TV Shows On Demand
Ana_VZ

Hi Radhiap!

Unfortunately, Verizon doesn't have control over what shows/episodes appear on any On Demand channels and it's usually up to the individual network. I completely understand your frustration because those are both great shows! I hope you can get the episodes soon. In the meantime, if you're on Twitter, follow @VzEntertain - Game of Thrones is one of her favorite shows and she talks about it all the time. She also has all the inside scoop on new releases and popular shows.

Thanks!

-Ana (@VZCommunity)

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Ana_VZ wrote:

Hi Radhiap!

Unfortunately, Verizon doesn't have control over what shows/episodes appear on any On Demand channels and it's usually up to the individual network. I completely understand your frustration because those are both great shows! I hope you can get the episodes soon. In the meantime, if you're on Twitter, follow @VzEntertain - Game of Thrones is one of her favorite shows and she talks about it all the time. She also has all the inside scoop on new releases and popular shows.

Thanks!

-Ana (@VZCommunity)

Ana,

While I understand and believe what you are saying, I also know for sure that I have seen complaints from other FiOS users that episode 123 or program xyz is not available on VOD, yet when I go to VOD that episode or show is there and I can view it. So sometimes there apparently are timing differences (and maybe other differences) between VHOs or DACs or wherever the VOD stuff is hosted.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Ana_VZ

Thanks, Justin. I actually wasn't aware of that so thank you for bringing that to my attention!

@Radhiap - Please keep checking to see if the episodes are there. I wish I had an explanation for you.

-Ana (@VzCommunity)

0 Likes
NNard
Contributor - Level 1

What do you think about this situation - over the weekend I went to watch the latest episodes of Fringe and Big Bang Theory so I normally go to the HD VOD channels and they were not there.  I checked the SD channels and they were there.   Go figure. 

0 Likes
qdwyer

That's nit stricly true - verizon can get a mising show faster than a consumer if they speak to the networks. Or at least that is how comacast does it.

0 Likes
Noiradelic

Hi,

I've been very frustrated by the number of missing episodes or episodes only available in SD in On-Demand. Random episodes missing in the middle of serialized TV seasons have caused me to not be able to finish the seasons of shows I enjoy.

RIght now, season 6, episode 8 of The Walking Dead is only available in SD, It's windowboxed, otherwise I wouldn't mind as much. This is not what I'm paying for Verizon and 3 HD boxes for.

<quote> Unfortunately, Verizon doesn't have control over what shows/episodes appear on any On Demand channels and it's usually up to the individual network.

-Ana (@VZCommunity) <quote>

I've had chat representatives say the same thing to me, but it seems like Verizon does have control over it when random episodes are missing or are only in SD in the middle of seasons that are otherwise available in On-Demand. It appears that because Verizon TV service is smaller than Comcast and some of the other providers, they're more prone to lapses in On-Demand programming.

A few times when I called and the representative was experienced, the issue was fixed in a day or two, which suggests that the missing episodes were due to Verizon and not the networks. Also I regularly see duplicate episode listings and it's seems unlikely that it's the network's fault. When a network has a streaming app like FOX and you compare what's available, the programming is often identical minus the missing episodes. Customers have also reported that missing episodes aren't nearly as prevalent on Comcast and other providers.

Fios advertises themselves as being the highest quality TV service. I wish they would hold the programming on On-Demand to the same standard, so that customers can get the same service they get from other providers.

At the very least Verizon should have an easy way for customers to message customer service or the appropriate department on the website to report when an episode is missing or not in HD.

Thanks,

Suzanne

0 Likes
roze318
Enthusiast - Level 3

I experienced this with a SciFi show so I reached out to the SciFi channel. They said that it is INDEED controlled by Verizon. It is not something for which the channel companies can provide any assistance.

Verizon makes the error and apparently never audits their actions!

So when the list says episode 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9.... they don't care that #7 is missing. It's as if all the employees are using Comcast or hulu and not their own employer's product! Or they see it and ignore it.

It's not rocket science.... episode lists change weekly not daily or hourly.... and a 5th grader could run a check on missing episodes.

Verizon should be ashamed, charging so much and doing a lousy job on the simply stuff.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes