MLB Extra Innings price reduction date??
kennedaj

Hi, was wondering if any of you brilliant readers out there knew when the MLB EI package drops in price?  I signed up for Fios two months ago, and remembered seeing the MLB package available for $199, and an accompanying message saying it would be avialable sometime in July at a reduced price.  I just called and spoke with 5 different people/departments at Verizon and none could provide this simple information.  It's insane.

Anybody know?  Your help would be appreciated, thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: MLB Extra Innings price reduction date??
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

Kenn-

It usually happens after the all star game. InDemand might not have released the info yet.

You can always check their website as well for pricing. 

0 Likes
kennedaj
Thanks!  I'll check the website. 
0 Likes
TonyF

To add some further info on this topic, I just saw that DirecTV is offering a "free preview" of MLB Extra Innings (with all of their many HD games) right after the All-Star game, through about July 22nd.  Also, MLB.com just cut its price for an online subscription to their "Premium" (aka high def) service of MLB TV.  So, I would expect the price of Extra Innings to be reduced by the 22nd or so. 

0 Likes
SoxFan
I called about Extra Innings yesterday and was quoted the full $199. price.  I told the girl that was crazy as the season is HALF OVER.  I did not purchase it.  If anyone hears about a reduction, let me know!
0 Likes
kennedaj

Thanks for all the feedback.

Still haven't been able to find an actual date, and what the new subscription rate will be.  I've sent two messages to InDemand's support center requesting the info, and haven't gotten anything back.  Which, I suppose, makes sense, since if they are going to eventually reduce the price, it's in their best interest not to publish that information, in the hope that other potential customers will purchase it at the current, full price.  It may not be fair, but it makes sense from a purely business standpoint (and let's face it, that's what we're dealing with here).

As TonyF stated, it sounds like they'll be having a promo after the All Star break in order to get some more people to subscribe, though I would think that the new price/reduction would be offered simultaneously with the free preview, and not after it.  So maybe right after the All Star break would be when to check back to see if the price has dropped.  At least, that's what I'll be doing.  

OK, actually just looked at the DirecTV MLB EI page.  It has the current offer of "4 payments of $52.25, offer ends July 12th", which I would assume means the price drop takes effect the following day.  

I'm going to check in on Monday and will let you guys know if my hunch proves correct.

0 Likes
SoxFan
Saw this package advertised today for $139.00 - call Verizon now!!
0 Likes
patfios

As mentioned in another thread, there are only 1 or 2 games per day in HD with this service. So if you're an HD fan  (and really who isn't?), this may not be worth the cost.

I was very interested in signing up so I checked the schedule on the InDemand website and confirmed that there are very few HD games. So I'm keeping my $139.00.

Pat

0 Likes
kennedaj

Well, it's either pay $139, or not be able to watch my Red Sox, so...I'll be ponying up for a mediocre service.  Still unbelievable that they don't offer every game in HD, considering most local broadcasts offer an HD feed.

I think DirecTV has all HD games.  Of course, I live in NYC and don't have access to DirecTV, unfortunately. 

0 Likes