Re: New Menus for VOD
GrumpyGrandma
Enthusiast - Level 2

So this nightmare of a "menu" is new?   I just switched to Fios about a week ago and so far I HATE IT.

To "search" for a show one is forced to scroll thru what feels like hundreds of thumbnails for every show produced since the invention of the television.  

No wonder they lock you into a contract - probably the only way to keep customers.

I'm really missing my Comcast/Xfinity!!!!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a search function if you I know the name of the show.

And holding the arrow keys can speed through a list of shows.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@GrumpyGrandmawrote:

So this nightmare of a "menu" is new?   I just switched to Fios about a week ago and so far I HATE IT.

To "search" for a show one is forced to scroll thru what feels like hundreds ...

Actually, at this point, it is old.  But yes lots of people continue to hate the changes.  There are ways to search, not that that is well implemented.

0 Likes
dero4301

Scrolling through this mess is hard too as it hangs after every four or five thumbnails so holding down the forward button is useless.  Even switching channels hangs one moment and jumps the next.  I hate this so much that I want to disconnect from cable entirely about twice a day.  If we did not have elderly mom with us who lives for tv we would have said goodby to Verizon long ago.  

0 Likes
Fios TV Interface and Remote are Terrible
esantosnyc

Posting this here in hopes that someone w/ any power at FIOS sees this. The FIOS TV UI is terrible and needs updating. Also the remote is laid out very bad. I was very excited to switch to FIOS but am now totally underwhelmed by the experience. Please update it soon.

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV Interface and Remote are Terrible
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not likely to be anyone at Verizon with any power to change anything.

0 Likes
Re: New VOD menus
Quiz1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I give up on Verizon’s on demand, I am ready to throw a brick at the tv, if I had one that is. How much harder can Verizon make using their service, not much i’d say. I can’t wait until my contract is up.  It’s way to expensive for what they offer. I’am sick of seeing the same old tired shows from the last century. And even the shows from this century are repeated over and over. Showtime is a joke, they show the same movies on every one of their channels over and over and in the past eight months I’ve only seen two movies that I could enjoy. Hollywood has lost their sense of humor. 

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Quiz wrote:

I give up on Verizon’s on demand, I am ready to throw a brick at the tv, if I had one that is. How much harder can Verizon make using their service, not much i’d say. I can’t wait until my contract is up.  It’s way to expensive for what they offer. I’am sick of seeing the same old tired shows from the last century. And even the shows from this century are repeated over and over. Showtime is a joke, they show the same movies on every one of their channels over and over and in the past eight months I’ve only seen two movies that I could enjoy. Hollywood has lost their sense of humor. 

The networks show what they show. Verizon has nothing to do with what movies Showtime plays over and over. 

0 Likes
charlieX

They could learn a lot from Directv 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes