Number of channels you can watch live on Fios mobile app?
ARTHAY41
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just switched from comcast.  I had been using their mobile app and I could watch live all of the channels on the app that I could watch on my TV with the set top box (assuming I was on my home network).

The Fios mobile app has a much more limited set of channels that can be watched live vs. watched on the TV.

Just curious why this is?  Did comcast lock up some channels for watching live in their agreements?  Will the Fios mobile watch live ever get more channels?  Is it a question of servers and bandwidth?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Number of channels you can watch live on Fios mobile app?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STB do you have?

I believe with Quantum you can watch most if not all cable channels (not 100% on locals) that you can on STB.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STB do you have?

I believe with Quantum you can watch most if not all cable channels (not 100% on locals) that you can on STB.

BASS6

I just switched from Xfinity to FiOS too. And realized they don't have some basic channels ABC, FOX on the mobile app which I watch a lot of on my kitchen iPad.  I thought that it was "basic" that those would be available. Also the Xfintiy app is so much better than the FiOS one

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes