QIP7232-2 recording conflicts when other showings available
StanSpotts
Enthusiast - Level 2

I must be missing some setting, because this is such a simple thing. I've got several shows that are on only at one time slot on one day a week, and others that have multiple showings of the same episode each week. I have the settings so the higher up the list, the higher the priority. I have the single-showing shows on top.

I have it set to record first-run only, and no duplicates.

What I want is that when there is a conflict, the DVR finds another showing of the lower priority show when one is available. My four-year-old TiVO box did this, so I figured the new 7232 would easily handle it.

But when I look at the recording schedule, the conficts show at the same time and say they won't be recorded.

Help?

0 Likes
Re: QIP7232-2 recording conflicts when other showings available
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You would have to change your settings to record first run and duplicated. The second settings you want to set is for the showtime to be any. With these settings inputed,  it will also record at another time if there is a confliction.

0 Likes
temporaryid
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with the original poster that I'd like to see the 7232 be able to find any "first" showing of a show when resolving conflicts.  Even my 10 year old TiVo was able to do that.

The problem with setting up for first run and duplicated is that you'll also get more shows than you want.  Yes, you'll get the 2nd or 3rd airing of the show in question, but you might also record a marathon of older episodes that's also airing on that channel.

What we need for the 7232 is the ability for it to resolve differences by automatically selecting any one of the first run episodes (like TiVo).

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Thats a great idea! This would be a perfect candidate for the Verizon Idea Exchange. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please add a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange . The Verizon Idea Exchange is there for you to submit your ideas and suggestions to Verizon so that we can consider them as we innovate our products and services.

0 Likes