question about on demand vs. dvr
griddle

hi everyone,

is it true that every channel and every program is available on demand?  i was thinking of getting the dvr, but if i can watch anything on demand, what is the need?

my concerns:

the kids love spongebob.  will i be able to pull up an episode at anytime on demand?

hockey:

i am a big la kings fan.  i usually like to watch the games after they are over so i can fast forward through the commercials and intermissions.  is this type of stuff available on demand once the game is over?  or will i need a dvr for this sort of thing?

soaps:

the wife loves her soaps.  will she be able to access them at night on demand?

any info you guys can give me would be great!

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: question about on demand vs. dvr
matcarl
Master - Level 1

There are numerous things on demand, but not "everything." Get the DVR. Spongebob has about 6 episodes on demand. I don't know how often they update them, it's seems like it's always the same 6.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

There are numerous things on demand, but not "everything." Get the DVR. Spongebob has about 6 episodes on demand. I don't know how often they update them, it's seems like it's always the same 6.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I know this thread shows solved but for future readers who may come across this in a search....

go to this site

http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/Default.aspx

at the top of the page, select your location by entering you zip code

Then click on Video on Demand on the left side

Select VOD listings

and this will list everything currently available on the VOD. Now this does include the premium subscriptions as well as the free and pay VOD tiltes so you do have to take that into consideration. But it will give you an idea of what is available so if you are looking for particular shows and the number of shows available, this will give you an idea. This information changes reguarly as the content changes (shows come and go) but it will give you an idea, especially if you are trying to make up your mind before switching to fios.

0 Likes