Sci-fi HD looks terrible
jimbabb
Why is Battlestar Galactica so horribly grainy?
0 Likes
Re: Sci-fi HD looks terrible
bull3964
Enthusiast - Level 3

Because that's the way Battlestar Galactica was shot.  Grain is not bad.  Grain is not something to be supressed.  If there is artistic intent to have a gritty grainy picture, then it's correct.

That's like all the review sites that took points off of the 300 HD-DVD and Blu-ray release.  The grain was added on purpose and it was a faithful rendition of artistic intent. 

0 Likes
jimbabb
No, it looks like crap. This is not a style issue. It's a resolution problem.
0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

Today is the marathon right?  I'll go see if it is still on and let ya know from our video lab. 

TS

0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

Your right.  This picture does look like crap.  its even going so far as to distort out.  I need to wait for a commercial before i can know for sure wether it is network or feed related. 

TS

***EDIT*** Problem appears to be feed related.  The commercials are coming up fine with no grain in the picture at all on both SD and HD.  I've submitted a notification to have the network provider notified. 

Message Edited by TheSanchez on 01-16-2009 03:32 PM
0 Likes
jimbabb
Thank you!
0 Likes
SplendidSun
What ever became of this?
0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
It looks like crap on our DirectTv too...must be the Sci-Fi channel
0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

The network provider was notified as far as I know.  After that I assumed they made the necessary adjustments.  I watched the new episode on my DVR later that night and everything looked good. 

TS

0 Likes