Re: TWC change to Accuweather
Alyce1

I am not happy with Verizon for taking the weather channel off the air. I watch the weather channel every daty and enjoy all the extra informational segments about weather.  I feel that Verizon is being cheap to us customers but willing to charge plenty for all the channels we do not want to watch such as shopping channels.  The accu weather is a poor substitue.

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
uncle2000mike
Enthusiast - Level 3

You must be kidding. Accuweather has no local forecast unless you want to wait 15 minutes. The weather channel had the forecast on the bottom of the screen. I could live without the local on the 8's on the HD channel even though I want it also. That is a small price to pay to keep the weather channel. Verizon will not lower our rates no matter what you think.

0 Likes
Stevesvp
Enthusiast - Level 2
Comcast has a financial interest in The Weather Channel, so TWC should be on a Comcast system.
0 Likes
dumbfounded1

well said.  I am in total agreement

0 Likes
Bring Back The Weather Channel!
Mauibound2

Can't stand Accuweather!  It's never right where I live!  Believe it or not I did watch The Weather Channel loved Prospectors.  Please bring back THE WEATHER CHANNEL.

0 Likes
dumbfounded1

At best, this was a very poor business decision.  Verizon will lose a big chunk of their customer base.  This decision shows very little consideration of the customer's needs.  The weather channel provided a service.  It was very well done and I was on every day to get my child ready for school, and to plan my own itinerary.  Accu weather is insulting.

So Verizon, you let us all down.  Who got paid to make this decision?

0 Likes
The new AccuWeather channel has no audio
DoctorBill

I wasn't particularly a TWC fan, but the substitute channel has no audio track, at least not where I live (Media, PA 19063). 

Yes, the other channels work fine.

Anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
The Weather Channel GONE??
joeyrabbit
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have NO WEATHER CHANNEL in my TV line up... one of the requirements I had for my Internet/TV provider was The Weather Channel and now it is dropped?  I am calling other providers in my area today, and broken contract or not, will be switching.

Verizon, this is a bait and switch tactic and BAD for business.  I'm out.

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
jojo124

I agree, we rely on the Weather Channel throughout the year. Verizon is wrong to discontinue. I will be one to cancel my service if it's not brought back.

0 Likes
Re: Bring Back The Weather Channel!
martha30

I agree! I don't use many of the channels I pay for but I do count on the weather channel. I am annoyed that the notice came from an address that doesn't accept replies and there isn't any place on the verizon website to tell them what we want. 

0 Likes