Re: The Weather Channel
purpleroses

Seriously Verizon!!!. I am so angry with this choice. I "used" to watch the weather channel all the time, a couple of hours a day every day! When I need it see the weather coming for this weekend for other parts of the country. It is gone! There may be an app for that but there is nothing like watching real people tell you how it is! The "replacement" that you put up is a complete joke! I really hope "you" as in Verzion fix this ASAP.  # Bring Back TWC

0 Likes
byjessicajo

I just recently signed up for Verizon Fios and I am pretty upset that you dropped the weather channel. We paid for the premium channels but in reality we mostly watch local channels... and the weather channel. I don't pay what I pay for you to pick and choose channels for me. BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!

0 Likes
Re: Bring Back The Weather Channel!
patsyh1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to Verizon.com and did a live chat and expressed my extreme displeasure with them dropping The Weather Channel.  Not sure if my opinion goes anywhere where it is noticed by the powers that be but it made me feel better....

0 Likes
Re: bring back the weather channel
purpleroses

Seriously Verizon!!!. I am so angry with this choice. I "used" to watch the weather channel all the time, a couple of hours a day every day! When I need it see the weather coming for this weekend for other parts of the country. It is gone! There may be an app for that but there is nothing like watching real people tell you how it is! The "replacement" that you put up is a complete joke! I really hope "you" as in Verzion fix this ASAP.  # Bring Back TWC

Being a caregiving of my elderly mother who loves to watch the TWC. It is the only channel she loves to watch, it calms her and keeps her happy. She does not have a smart phone, or can use the internet. TV is her life. I had to tell her the channel is broke. She is upset and not having a good last couple of days. She loves to watch her stories, and her favorite people. So thank you for making caregiving even harder!

0 Likes
Re: Bring Back The Weather Channel!
patsyh1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a live chat online on Verizon.com and expressed my extreme displeasure over this.

Sorry for the double posting--it didn't seem to take the first one and kept saying 'error'

0 Likes
Weatherscan
Forbear1
Enthusiast - Level 1
Terrible choice to eliminate. Always checked local weather every morning. I don' t care about weather in LA or any of the other large cities. AccuWeather is a joke!
Re: bring back the weather channel
Jimmyboy1
Whose lame brain idea was it to delete the weather channel? Perhaps their services should be dropped. Many of us older folks enjoy and depend on this channels information as well as its non weather programming. Fully 20% on my tv time is spent watching the weather channel. Your replacement, accuweather is poor quality, poor audio, and not full screen. Hard to see with all the side and bottom panels. Renew weather channels contract! Perhaps, if cox carries it I shall go back to them. Verizon has shown poor support of the needs of the public in this lack of sense programming move.
0 Likes
I want the Weather Channel Back
Ada4817
Enthusiast - Level 1

Accuweather is an inferior product as compared to The Weather Channel. The presentiation is difficult to watch, not as polished and the on-air talent is amateur. 

fayewray

I agree 100% with the postings in this forum.  I am angry that the Weather Channel was dropped, that I had no say in this matter and that the new channel Accu-Weather is horrible!  In fact I entered the website today just so I could file a complaint about this loss.  Maybe we could take up a petition to have Verizon re-negotiate a fair lease with Weather Channel by majority! 

Now let me see is I can find a Verizon survey to convey my thoughts!

0 Likes
Re: $39 million...
joeyrabbit
Enthusiast - Level 1

AGREED AGREED AGREED

0 Likes