Re: The Weather Channel
dennisfam
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am very unhappy with verizon eliminating the weather channel. The channel was one of our reasons for selecting verizon! We are considering getting rid of verizon. At this point.we would NOT reccommend verizon to anyobe! Please reconsider adding back this channel or I am sure you will loseother customers.

@popo7994 wrote:

I hate AccuWeather.......how come customers did not have a choice or a vote to keep The Weather Channel???? AccuWeather stinks, there are no REAL stories nor do the show any weather people out in the field......this is the worst, I watch the weather channel everyday. I might just think about changing my service to someone who has The Weather Channel!!! I hate this.....ugh !

@popo7994 wrote:

I hate AccuWeather.......how come customers did not have a choice or a vote to keep The Weather Channel???? AccuWeather stinks, there are no REAL stories nor do the show any weather people out in the field......this is the worst, I watch the weather channel everyday. I might just think about changing my service to someone who has The Weather Channel!!! I hate this.....ugh !

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Looks like FIOS may be the first of other service providers to drop TWC.

THis is from an article in the Wall Street Journal:

Meanwhile, another battle is looming with satellite provider Dish Network Corp. The companies’ carriage contract expires in coming months and the Weather Channel’s backers are preparing for the possibility of being dropped by Dish, which has about 14 million subscribers, the people familiar with the matter said.

The financial outlook for parent company Weather Co. is deteriorating. Moody’s Investors Service on Friday downgraded the company’s debt, saying it isn’t perceived by cable and satellite companies as a “must have” channel, and could therefore be dropped by more providers or face cuts in carriage fees.

All of this is raining on the ability of the company’s owners—a consortium that includes private-equity firms Bain Capital LLC and Blackstone Group LP, and Comcast Corp.’s NBCUniversal—to exit the roughly $3.5 billion investment they made when they purchased Weather Co. in 2008. No formal sale process is under way, some people close to the company said.

Its a video. Here is the source:

https://www.facebook.com/wsjlive/posts/908949649156257

kirsch1

For the amount we pay each month and having channels dropped, is totally unacceptable.  We are given channels that are not at all what we want to watch.The last straw was the dropping of the weather channel and replaced with accuweather, which is a complete joke.  I am currently checking into other providers and will be cancelling verizon in the very near future.

0 Likes
dougiedo

BRING BACK WEATHER CHANNEL!

0 Likes
undefined1

I think AccuWeather is horrid.  We are located in the Boston area and we relied on The Weather Channel for information during the 2014 - 2015 Winter season.  It was almost the only thing that we watched during the entire month of February.  Verizon FiOS became much less valuable to us when they made the decision to drop The Weather Channel.  Our next door neighbors just switched to another provider.  I'm sure they're not the only ones who have decided that Verizon is becoming less useful.

I just registered for this forum specifically to lodge this complaint.  This issue matters to me.

0 Likes
juliecathryn

I want TWC back as well. We can complain on here all day, but does Verizon even read these? I wanted to email Verizon with my dis-satisfaction, but you can no longer even email Verizon! The contact us link makes you either have to come into these forums, or live chat, or have Verizon call you back.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@juliecathryn wrote:

I want TWC back as well. We can complain on here all day, but does Verizon even read these?

Since these forums are setup as peer-to-peer forums, you should not expect anything posted here to be read by anyone at Verizon other than the moderators.  The moderators job is to keep discussions polite and professional, not to take messages back to management or answer specific issues.  In short, the answer to your question is "no."

If you want to get a message to Verizon about your dissatisfaction with the removal of TWC, the strongest message you can send is to cancel your service.  Anything else is likely a waste of time.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
Maxnel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am canceling as well.  I enjoyed both TWC and Weather Scan. 

flsw

What happened to The Weather Channel?  The replacement program-  AccuWeather is horrible.  It is uninteresting and lacks good content.  It is like going back in time to the 80's or 90's.  Who at Verizon made this bad decision to dump The Weather Channel???  Very bad move, as Verizon will lose many customers. 

@popo7994 wrote:

0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
jonesmagicfan
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Maxnel wrote:

I am canceling as well.  I enjoyed both TWC and Weather Scan. 

Unfortunately, the only way to get TWC and Weather Scan back is to cancel with Verizion FIOS and find another provider. According to TWC, Verizon is not interested AT ALL in continuing any negotiations.  It was stated that the Verizion FIOS decision is final.  I will call customer service today to cancel my service.  It truly is sad that 14 cents per subscriber is too expensive for Verizon. ESPN costs nearly 6 dollars per subscriber.  Maybe Verizon should renegotiate with ESPN.

Since Verizon doesn't seem to care, the only way for us to vote is with our "feet".  They will probably make me pay an early termination fee since I re-upped just before TWC was removed.  If they would have given me a months notice, I would not have renewed.  That will be part of the conversation I have with customer service.  If they charge me an ETF, I will then leave Verizon Wireless as well once my contract is up(which I pay $300 / month). My ETF will be less than one month of my Verizon Wireless bill but I am sure they won't care because they do not care about customer service.

Verizon FIOS, it has been fun.  The service started out great because customer service matters when you build a business.  Since FIOS is now established (and actually shrinking) they could care less about the customer.  Seems like a bad way to maintain a business.

I hope your deal with Accuweather (which probably has some type of exclusivity clause) gets you what you want.  That channel is certainly a piece of junk.

So long.