Re: The Weather Channel
cookyB
Enthusiast - Level 1

My contract is almost up and unless Verizon agrees that giving up TWC was a HUGE mistake I will switch to Cablevision

Jaques1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The other day I checked Ch. 119 in the forlorn hope that Verizon did the smart thing and brought the Weather Channel back. What it showed was AccuWeather in a complete blackout. My heart soared: Perhaps they're in the midst of transitioning back!  My brief bubble burst when I consulted the internet and found that negotiations have apparently ceased. 

So, in a matter of weeks, Verizon has gone from The Weather Channel to a completely blank screen. Dozens and dozens of niche sports channels--nobody could possibly watch all of them and most of us probably don't watch ANY of them--but try to watch weather and we're faced with A BLANK SCREEN? Weather is not "niche," it's a necessity. This is simply an outrage. An extremely expensive outrage. And an extremely expensive mistake on Verizon's part.

medison2

The weather channel had improved over time until it was one of the few channels I watched. This Acuweather channel does nothing but allow Verizon to check the boxthat they simply replaced one channel with another. But it isn't an equal exchange. Acuweather is just showing us a weather map mostly in an area unrelated to where we live. It isn't even interesting when it is for our area. I am looking for alternatives to verizon. This is what happens when a company has a near monopoly.

I can drop my home phone line now and deny them that revenue. We never use it and the only calls we do receive are from "Unavailable" callers trying to colloect money. In the meantime I am looking for other options for my televison service provider.

What makes things worse is that they have the weather channel on the main screen at the gym I go to as a constant reminder of what I am missing. When they take your favorite station and one of the few that I watch, what is the point of buying the service.

And don't forget why this happened. There is one Vice-President at Verizon who is trying to improve his operating margins. Well I am not going to help him. I'm on my way out....

0 Likes
franfam
Enthusiast - Level 1

Attention Verizon!!!  Enough is enough.  I don't have any problem paying to break my contract, although Verizon is not performing in good faith to meet expectations.  Bring back The Weather Channel.  Heck, I'll pay you another $1 a month.  Stop being arrogant and thumbing your nose at us, your paying customers!

Majorpanic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's what I'm doing first thing tomorrow morning: I'm going to call Verizon and drop all my premium channels!  I'll add them back the day that Weather Channel is back in the line-up.  Per The Weather Channel, they offered a final proposal that was cheaper than the prior contract with Verizon, but Verizon dropped the channel anyway.

Seems like Verizon thinks they have a monopoly on what I see on my TV.  They seem to forget that people like me have a Roku box, an Amazon Fire Stick, Netflix, Hulu, Sling, etc. etc. etc.  Oh, and of course, I could always switch to one of the other two carriers in my area.

Chris I.

Clearwater, FL

sarasota85
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are also very disappointed with the loss of the Weather Channel.

blt4ice
Enthusiast - Level 2
Accuweather is horrible. Weatherbug is hard to see on a small TV You really should bring back the weather channel By the numbers 1500 post just here alone of people wanting ti switch at 200 per month. That is 300000 per month and that is what is known. You should bring it back.
ike71
Contributor - Level 1

TWC is going out the same way the sister channel MSNBC is going out.

0 Likes
Bayrunner
Enthusiast - Level 2

If we can't get the Weather Channel back, can we at least get an interactive radar screen?  It would be nice to see if the rain is going north, south, east or west and how fast or slow it's moving.  Will I have time to stop by the store to get a few groceries or do I need to go straight home before the bad weather hits. 

Again, a number of elderly folks do not have  iphones or computers and the TV is the only source of weather information they have.  DO they get penailized because they are not computer savy?? So much for being compasionate towards the elderly.  Someone at Verizon needs to take an "Older Adult Sensitivity Training Course."

Re: I want The Weather Channel back ACCUWEATHER IS WORTHLESS!!
mrow37
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are FED UP WITH VERIZON and so sorry we are not finished with our contract.  We Will definitely cancel when the contract is up.  WE WANT THE WEATHER CHANNEL BACK!!!  It was one of the very few stations we watched.

It is a pain going to the internet to find out the weather.  Being elderly, not being able to afford fancy gadgets like smart phones, laptops, etc.  We have to go to our desktop.   Verizon is telling us we are worthless and do not matter if we do not have fancy equipment to automatically get the weather.  With the unpredictable weather that we have, high winds, tornado warnings, etc, we absolutely NEED THE WEATHER CHANNEL.   ACCUWEATHER IS WORTHLESS AND CHEAP TO US!!!!     We will definitely recommend to anyone we see that they not get tricked into getting Verizon Fios.   They have slowed down our computer speed also and put phoney charges on our bills for 3 months in the past.  They are not trustworthy at all.