Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

TV upgrade packages

Alecstar
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

TV upgrade packages

Message 1 of 6
(1,370 Views)

I currently have the SELECT TV channel package. Awhile back I looked through the PRIME channel package and decided to upgrade to it. It was quick and easy... until I discovered one of my favorite channels (BBC) was not in the new package. As it turns out I would have to have upgraded two levels to the EXTREME package just to keep what I already had. I was pretty upset about it and immediately downgraded back to what I first had. Who would ever have thought to look for what you already have when you upgrade? You look for what you don't have... not what you already do. The next package should add channels... not take some away.. Sorry Verizon, but I won't be "upgrading" my TV package unless somebody learns how to put one together first.

5 REPLIES 5
SinCara
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Re: TV upgrade packages

Message 2 of 6
(1,333 Views)

@Alecstar wrote:

I currently have the SELECT TV channel package. Awhile back I looked through the PRIME channel package and decided to upgrade to it. It was quick and easy... until I discovered one of my favorite channels (BBC) was not in the new package. As it turns out I would have to have upgraded two levels to the EXTREME package just to keep what I already had. I was pretty upset about it and immediately downgraded back to what I first had. Who would ever have thought to look for what you already have when you upgrade? You look for what you don't have... not what you already do. The next package should add channels... not take some away.. Sorry Verizon, but I won't be "upgrading" my TV package unless somebody learns how to put one together first.

Packages are determined by cost and contracts between Verizon and the network. They aren't just sitting behind a desk saying "lets put this channel in this package and not the other just to mess with people".

ALL cable providers do it.

Alecstar
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(1,114 Views)

"Packages are determined by cost and contracts between Verizon and the network. They aren't just sitting behind a desk saying "lets put this channel in this package and not the other just to mess with people".

ALL cable providers do it."   

Really? I have NEVER upgraded my TV package on Time Warner (whom I have had for many years and whom I will be going back to)  and lost a channel I already had. Thats what upgrading is... adding new channels.... not losing ones you already have.  So in response to your response.... NOT ALL providers do it.                                                                                                                       

SinCara
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Message 4 of 6
(1,104 Views)

@Alecstar wrote:

"Packages are determined by cost and contracts between Verizon and the network. They aren't just sitting behind a desk saying "lets put this channel in this package and not the other just to mess with people".

Really? I have NEVER upgraded my TV package on Time Warner (whom I have had for many years and whom I will be going back to)  and lost a channel I already had. Thats what upgrading is... adding new channels.... not losing ones you already have.  So in response to your response.... NOT ALL providers do it.                                                                                                                       

Best thing to do when upgrading/downgrading is to check the channel lineup for your area so you are well aware of what's included and what isn't. When it comes to cable never assume.

http://www.verizon.com/home/widget/ChannelLineUpWidgetServlet?zipcode

SinCara
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Message 5 of 6
(1,083 Views)

btw Time Warner does remove and change channels from packages because just this past March they shifted some channels around almost everywhere that has TWC. Although more rare yes even they do it. 

Alecstar
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(1,068 Views)

@SinCara wrote:

Best thing to do when upgrading/downgrading is to check the channel lineup for your area so you are well aware of what's included and what isn't. When it comes to cable never assume.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  Then Verizon shouldn't call them upgrades, or they should state somewhere that you could lose channels when you "upgrade" to the next package. Most people are going to assume that you simply get more channels when you go to the next package.... not lose some. That would makes sense.  Personally, I look forward to the day when I can just pick the channels I want and lose all the garbage.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title