Re: TWC Sports Net?
LakerZombie
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just went to the above link demanding that Verizon carry TWC Sports Net.  

I have a feeling that deals are being discussed but TWC is holding out until Verizon gets nervous that their customers might bail and will potentially pay more in fees to acquire the channel.

It sucks for us the fans because we're powerless to do anything about it but sit and hope that they work something out. But as a die hard laker fan it really doesn't make the wait any easier when your team is being held hostage for ransom $$$ on the eve of quite possibly the biggest season we've had in quite a while.

Thanks TWC and Verizon 😕

ps. it does feel good to commisserate with other laker fans though...

Lakerfan2
Enthusiast - Level 3
I feel you LakerZombie! I'm getting ready to pay the early termination fee to get TWC. The worst part is that I was off contract with Verizon and just renewed it in April. I'm now kicking myself in the a$$ for that one. But I am excited for the season!!
Raiders131
Contributor - Level 1
I just reupped my contract but still on my 30 days. I love Verizon FIOS been with them for years but I'm already looking into TWC. I hope Verizon and TWC come to an agreement sooner rather than later. Lakers All Day Everyday!!
LiliCast
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's great being able to commiserate with fellow Lakers lovers!  I have the same issue as many of you...I re-upped my contract in June thinking that Verizon FIOS would add the TWC SportsNet. In fact, the sales rep I spoke to assured me Verizon would add the Lakers channel to its line-up!!! That's the only reason I agreed to renew the contract!

I rarely watch any television, but I don't miss a single Lakers game. It could be said, I only have cable for Lakers games! Needless to say, I am NOT happy about this situation!

I added an idea to Verizon's IDEA BOARD. It's posted as "Add Lakers New Channel - Time Warner Cable SportsNet."

All Lakers fans, please go to the posting and vote for it. The more votes we get, the more pressure it puts on FIOS to add the channel.

LakerZombie
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just added my two cents to the post mentioned above.  Fios now has about 2 weeks to get a deal done. I simply cannot believe one cable provider can monopolize an entire sports franchise broadcast. 

This is most likely a result of the huge payroll the Lakers will have for the next few years. It just saddens me that the lakers themselves signed off on exculding many laker fans from being able to watch the games in their homes. I get needing to make the money to pay the bills but surely they could've worked something out to appease all their loyal fans.

*crosses fingers*

Here we go laker fans....

LakerZombie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good read about TWC's intentions..... although not entirely promising but at least its something...

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/09/12/us-timewarnercable-lakers-idINBRE88B1KZ20120912

I want my Lakers!

😄

digpie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been with Verizon for quite a few years now but if they don't get TWC Sports Net for my Lakers games, I will definitely switch.  Get on the ball Verizon!  Make your customers happy!  

Jazz4Jeff
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why can't FIOS give us an update?

Are they planning on negotiating to carry the channel? Are talks going on? Is it even a possibility? Any communication would be appreciated

Jeff

theyams
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife is getting really nervous and upset that Verizon doesn't have TWC sports yet.  She wants us to switch over to TWC if they don't get it soon and doesn't want to miss any Lakers games.  Had TWC before and it was terrible (and expensive), so I really don't want to switch. But if it means no Lakers, then I have no choice!

Jazz4Jeff
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried using the Verizon on-line chat.  I explained that I would cancel if FIOS does not have Sportnet.  She said at this time, they do not plan on airing TWC Sportnet. But, she said that could change in the future.

This is insane.  The ONLY service in my area that has Time Warner Sportsnet is Time Warner.  I feel like they are extorting  the situation.