Re: LAKERS GAMES? ON TIME WARNER SPORTSNET ONLY NOW..
AngrySoCalFan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another call today, and yet another blanket response by the rep..."were in negotiations and cant comment"..."we know as much as you do about the status"... I am seriously starting to doubt whether this will get done at all. I pay ALOT of money to watch sports and I expect to be able to watch the Lakers, USC Football and UCLA when the game are played, PERIOD. How pathetic, people of LA county cant watch their major sports teams, but have the BIG 10 network, the Golf Channel and the Tennis Channel, not to mention the dedicated Texas Longhorn Network. Give me my Lakers or I'm gone.

0 Likes
Re: TWC Sports Net?
Stiggy65
Enthusiast - Level 1

I checked with Verizon and was told no plans are in the works to carry Time Warner Sports.

Re: Lakers
fg8
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with your message regarding the Lakers and Verizon. I have been following the lakers since I was in High School. I used to listen to Chick while laying on the floor in front of our stereo over 40 years ago.

To have Verizon and Time Warner make the fans wonder if they are going to carry them on TV is disgusting. If there was an opportunity to go with someone else, I would in an instant. All this is doing is making us dissapointed with verizon and Time Warner. I am now upset with the Lakers who created this mess with Time Warner by giving them an exclusive contract. Where was the thinking about those loyal fans who gave you the money to make this all worth it. Who in the Lakers organization thought once about the effect on the Laker fan.

Come on Dr. Buss, this is not rocket science. Were you so interested in the money that you forgot, like our government, where it was coming from. Have you had a lapse of memory and consideration for the fans. We are the ones who keep you in the multi-million dollar homes and the nice facilities in the Staples Center..

Get this over before you lose long time fans who can remember Chick and those great days.

There are other TV carriers than Verizon and Time Warner. There are other teams like the Clippers, who are a real team as of late.

Watch out you may be killing the goose that gave you the eggs.

0 Likes
nonosela
Enthusiast - Level 1

according to the reply email i received from VZN, we are to voice our opinion for LAKERS broadcasting via message boards? OK... take a look at how many replies this thread has and watch it grow to be the largest topic on this website. to think FiOS cant make this deal happen is ludicrous. if other providers gain access, why cant VZN? inconceivable...

VZN, dont insult our intelligence. get this deal done and formally address the people supporting your network. you dont need an online forum to better understand the fact that you need the TWC/LAKERS broadcast channel. LA is the second largest sports market in the country. WE NEED THIS CHANNEL. it would be an extreme disappointment if this doesnt happen soon-

LakerZombie
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently read an article online in which a Direct TV spokesperson atually states that they are indeed going to carry TWC Sportsnet and they are simply working out the best deal they can get for their customers.

Meanwhile nothing from Verizon....

Those of you working for Verizon who read these forums I understand that these are just message boards. And to be honest yes a lot of us are just simply frustrated and just expressing ourselves on here because guess what there isnt much else we the customers can do. As such you have to take into consideration that even just a hint that you are working towards an agreement would do wonders for ALL of us. You would be communicating with your customers and we would appreciate it.

But saying nothing and or worse saying you have "no plans" to carry the channel?

That is not good customer service in my opinion. 

Please update us and let us know that you're at least attempting to provide your customers with a service they want and will gladly pay for.

I WANT MY LAKERS
rere6

The Laker season will be starting soon.  Please tell me that Verizon FiOS will be carrying the new TWC channel.  !!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Lakerfan2
Enthusiast - Level 3
Come on Verizon!! How many message boards do we need to start up to get you to be proactive about satisfying your Southern California customers??
chaunce
Contributor - Level 1

the fact is that once the season starts laker fans all over will dump verizon. this is what they may not realize.  It's not like the pac-12 channel which is pretty much isolated and on the west coast in terms of interest. Laker fans are nationwide. This is not a local thing. go and check who the fans vote for as the game of the week most of the time on nbatv. the lakers. with howard and nash coming there is even more interest in following the lakers.

the fact is this, any laker, nba fan will switch over. the other option is not getting laker games? I mean this isn't even debateable. laker fans will not just stop watching laker basketball because their cable company doesn't carry the games. We will go elsewhere.

in terms of a TWC strategy. I doubt it. If this was the case verizon would have made some sort of statement to their customers saying they are trying to get the channel. I mean this is business 101 if you want to keep customers.

they simply don't care at all as of right now and aren't even trying to get it. that is fact. they believe it will not matter.

they will get a rude awakening soon in one of the biggest markets(LA) and nationwide if they don't try and get it.

Time Warner Laker Channel
Gjerrus
Enthusiast - Level 1
Whats the deal with the Time Warner Channel (TWC) as it pertains to Fios on Verizon?? Im reading the games will only be televised on the TWC but Fios on Verizon doesnt have it. I also read that Verizon is in talks w/TWC. I need to know. I am a 4th generation Laker fan. My family normally watches the games on KTLA. If the games wont be televised on Fios we will be DEFINITELY getting rid of it. I want my Lakers. Please post current and specific information regarding these changes ASAP. Thank You
0 Likes
Re: LAKERS GAMES? ON TIME WARNER SPORTSNET ONLY NOW..
Gjerrus
Enthusiast - Level 1
Anybody hear any news regarding the TWC carrying the Lakers games? I ve been doing some reading regarding it all, I need to find out now so I can cancel my Verizon service & get a network in here that carries what I need in time for the season. This is the most exciting season as a Lakers fan in decades. I refuse to miss anything. Verizon FIGURE IT OUT!! LAKERS NATION