Re: Verizon dropping AMC?
dlynne30
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pay hundreds of dollars a month for service from Verizon.  Since becoming a Verizon customer many years ago, I have steadily seen an increase in charges from Verizon for every reason under the sun.  I think the last excuse was that in order to continue to provide quality DVR services, monthly service charges would have to go up.  Last summer when the big issue was how The Dish Network was dropping AMC, etc., I was glad that Verizon wasn't sinking to that low level.  And I felt sorry for those pathetic Dish customers getting ripped off.  Now Verizon is threatening to do the same thing!!  I DEMAND that Verizon quit dropping channels while they continue to INCREASE service charges.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  I promise that if Verizon drops AMC which has some of the best (and award-winning) shows on it, that I will drop Verizon FIOS and Verizon wireless services.  Service providers are a dime a dozen with 99% of them being much more reasonably priced than Verizon.  I've also encouraged family members and friends to stick with Verizon when they want to use other less expensive providers.  I PROMISE that they will drop Verizon too.  And that's just one customer using word of mouth to influence 5 other current Verizon customers.  Times that times 100,000+ and see how things work out for Verizon.

dlynne30
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes that's exactly what Verizon is threatening to do.  I saw a long trailer on TWD.

0 Likes
Re: Keep amc
dlynne30
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know I'll definitely be switching to Comcast.  I hear they're so much better than they used to be.  And I know they're so much cheaper than Verizon.

0 Likes
carrfam07

If Verizon drops AMC I will definitely be dropping Verizon for Comcast. I recently switched to Fios from Xfinity and it was a way better deal but AMC is one of the best channels. I felt the same way as someone previously stated about when Dish customers were in danger of losing AMC I thought to myself, 'What can they be thinking?  Thank God Verizon isn't doing that.' And now they are. I'll follow AMC to the ends of the earth. Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead are two of the best shows on TV today and someone is thinking of dropping them? Well, good luck with that!

0 Likes
I want my AMC
Ncf1
I love the walking dead and would consider canceling if AMC is no longer available.
0 Likes
edillard217
If you drop any channel from your line-up, you will commit the old bait and switch and I will be forced to cancel service. I want every channel I signed up for....every ONE. So stop being cheap and pay the MAN. You know you have the money with your overcharging behinds.
0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

I opened a thread back in July when DIsh and ATT were in dispute with AMC.  Dish had already dropped them back then, but AT&T ended up reaching an agreement.  It took Dish until Nov. to bring back the channel.

What other channels, if any, are included in the Verizon/AMC negotiations?       Channels in negotiation are AMC, WE, IFC and Sundance.

0 Likes
Jamesjvk

If you drop AMC you'll lose me as a customer flat out. I watch AMC more than any other channel and if it's gone, you're gone.

0 Likes
PATTYM216

RECENTLY I HAVE READ THAT VERIZON WILL NOT BE CARRYING 'AMC' TO OUR CHANEL LINEUP.

I HOPE THAT WE CAN ALL UNITE IN LEAVING 'AMC' ALONE.

IF ANYONE HAS A BETTER FORUM FOR POSTING THOUGHTS ON THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

0 Likes
JasonD52
Enthusiast - Level 2

If Verizon drops AMC I'll be dropping Verizon and going to Cox.

0 Likes