what happened to Sherlock on PBS 502 for Sunday at 9PM?
dave_langer
Enthusiast - Level 3

what happened to Sherlock on PBS 502 for Sunday at 9PM?  It was all set as of yesterday, then i checked it today and instead some stupid Ed Norton Apple Pushers is on instead on the PBS HD station but if I go to Normal PBS Non HD its airing.

How is a different show airing on the same station that is HD?

0 Likes
Re: what happened to Sherlock on PBS 502 for Sunday at 9PM?
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

Channel 502 is the HD version of your local channel 2.

With that in mind Verizon has nothing to do with what channel 2 shows, they merely play channel 2 in HD on 502 and downscaled to SD on 2. 

Your best bet is to contact channel 2 (you don't say which city you live in) and ask them. My guess is being a PBS station they made a last minute switch. Here in L.A. KCET, KOCE, KLCS & KVCR often make last minute changes due to budgetary decisions.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy 

Drewdove (no longer in Dover)  

0 Likes
bevross
Contributor - Level 1

@dave_langer wrote:

what happened to Sherlock on PBS 502 for Sunday at 9PM?  It was all set as of yesterday, then i checked it today and instead some stupid Ed Norton Apple Pushers is on instead on the PBS HD station but if I go to Normal PBS Non HD its airing.

How is a different show airing on the same station that is HD?

You're asking about the new Sherlock that's on today (hasn't even played yet) or some replays of older Sherlocks?  Is your DVR set to record NEW only (mine is when set to series record) ?

0 Likes
dave_langer
Enthusiast - Level 3

It looks like the tv guide on verison for channel 502 is incorrect, its showing the incorrect channel line up.;

That is a verizon issue.   If you turn to channel 502 its showing the channel 2 in HD but the guide is listing the incorrect channel

0 Likes