Adding time to recording
dc991
Enthusiast - Level 2

So when I want to record a sporting event, I find it on the guide, hit the record button and it is set to record.  But of course, there's the issue of events running longer, so I want to add time.   I hit the record button again to bring up options, but I don't see any options there to add time, other than to create a "series recording" which isn't what I want.  So I have to go into 'Menu'-'DVR'-'Upcoming Recordings' and only then can I add time to the recording. 

Is there an easier way to do this?  It seems like I should be able to add 30 minutes easier than going through all of that.

0 Likes
Re: Adding time to recording
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

After the inital scheduling from the guide (1 push of the record button) go to the DVR menu and then to Scheduled Recordings.  Highlight the program you want to extend and press OK.  One of the options that will come up is to MODIFY START / END TIME (self explanatory).  There are fixed increments that you can extend by with a maximum of 2 hours.

There is also always the option of scheduling a manual recording (also in the DVR menu) where you select channel, date, start, and end times.

0 Likes
dc991
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right, what you describe is exactly what I'm trying to avoid.  It just seems silly that I can't add time to a recording straight from the immediate recording menu.  I don't understand why the "Modify Start/End Time" isn't accessible straight from the guide, when I hit the record button twice.  A menu pops up with options, but only for series recordings.

I'm just looking for a way to not have to go through 4 or 5 menu screens to do it.

0 Likes
ZachE1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why not just also record the next show that is on the same channel? That's very easy to do from the guide with 1 push of the record button.

0 Likes
noob09
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree this "workaround" is quite cumbersome, as I record a lot of sporting events.  Is there anyway to detect that the show scheduled for recording is a "live" event and prompt the user to extend recording time?

0 Likes