All DVR recording deleted .... again !
ANGST1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Quantum DVR and a few months ago all my recording were deleted . I was told this was a "known issue" and would be fixed . This morning when I turned on my TV I saw my STB had rebooted ... guess there may of been an upgrade ?

Anyways recording are all gone AGAIN 

Re: All DVR recording deleted .... again !
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you contacted support?

I have not seen this issue and haven't heard of any upgrades scheduled this week.

0 Likes
ANGST1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got off the phone , still "Known Issue, will be fixed by the end of the month" . Exactly what I was told back in October or so when this happened the first time. 

I don't think is was update related. They seem to have an issue where they send a command that somehow erases all recordings and restarts the box . 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or might be a hardware issue with your box.

If the HD is failing, I could see it acting like this.

0 Likes
Wheller
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is a software issue. The VMS1100 Quantum TV DVR has the potential to suffer a code failure which results in the loss of recordings. There is no permanent fix at this time.

0 Likes
odbobo

This just happened to me. I have a Quantum box for a little over a year. No problems until yesterday, when I went to DVR and it showed "No Recordings". It was previously 100% full and purging as needed. Chatted with online support who remotely rebooted the box, which did nothing, and then he told me and I quote, in order:
"A firmware is scheduled to be updated in the near future on the box to fix such issues."
"It is a known issue due to some software glitch within the box."
"We can assure you that this is not going to happen in the future as the team has taken care of this through a firmware".

Frustrating. I called support today and the lady I spoke with claimed she had no knowledge of any known issues with the Quantum boxes, even after I told her what the online rep quoted above. They both basically told me I'm out of luck, there is no way to recover the lost recordings. The lady on the phone got me a $22 credit on my bill.

I've been satisfied with Fios up to this point but this is the first time I'm inclined to look at alternatives. This is pretty horrible. If I knew it was a known issue I would've saved some important things that I had there to DVD.

0 Likes
eryeal2
Enthusiast - Level 2

@odbobo wrote:

This just happened to me. I have a Quantum box for a little over a year. No problems until yesterday, when I went to DVR and it showed "No Recordings". It was previously 100% full and purging as needed. Chatted with online support who remotely rebooted the box, which did nothing, and then he told me and I quote, in order:
"A firmware is scheduled to be updated in the near future on the box to fix such issues."
"It is a known issue due to some software glitch within the box."
"We can assure you that this is not going to happen in the future as the team has taken care of this through a firmware".

Frustrating. I called support today and the lady I spoke with claimed she had no knowledge of any known issues with the Quantum boxes, even after I told her what the online rep quoted above. They both basically told me I'm out of luck, there is no way to recover the lost recordings. The lady on the phone got me a $22 credit on my bill.

I've been satisfied with Fios up to this point but this is the first time I'm inclined to look at alternatives. This is pretty horrible. If I knew it was a known issue I would've saved some important things that I had there to DVD.

Wow, this can't be a coincidence .. On 2/3 the exact same thing happened to me - lost all recordings that we had, and we had a ton, mainly kids shows and movies for the children.   It's a nightmare. 

0 Likes
lwtmpvzn12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing happened to me back in October.  Got a new Quantum DVR multi-family unit during that round.

Enter 2.13.2016:  All recordings were there last night and now showing "no recordings".

It's insane this wasn't fixed during the previous incident.

0 Likes
yankeefan710
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just spent two hours hearing the same thing. This is what they say when they don't have a real answer. All I wanted to know was if I can expect this to happen again. I got a broken record. Thank God for Tivo

frauschlager
Enthusiast - Level 1

I registered just so that I could say "me, too!" Hopefully the more people who post about the issue, the more seriously Verizon will take it.

DVR rebooted during the day yesterday (kind of odd, usually does this at night), but I noticed since my wife and I were watching Netflix at the time, and you can't miss the the sight and sound of a reboot.

When we later went back to watch shows that we had DVRed, they were all gone. We had been watching DVR shows earlier in the day, so I am confident this reboot is what wiped out our shows.

I looked to see what "should have been" recording at the time, and saw error messages (I wish I had snagged a picture) and saw that 2 shows that current should have been recording were being bumped due to insufficient space or some other error.

I used the in-home agent to reboot the box, and when it completed the cycle it began recording the two shows mid-show (not that this does anyone any good).

When I contacted support from work this morning, I was told I needed to be at the house so they could walk me through some tests. I assumed the DVR hard drive crashed or something, and was more worried about it doing so again in the future (and expected to simply have the box replaced). Now I am more frustrated as by all accounts this wasn't likely a hardware issue, but rather a software/firmware issue, and perhaps triggered by Verizon pushing out fixes.

Needless to say, many hours of lost TV (some of which I will have to pay to purchase to watch elsewhere). The backlog on the DVR was alway an anchor against cord cutting. If I have a future of crashing DVR boxes in my future, I'm not sure that anchor is as solid as it used to be.

Note - Verizon isn't volunteering any compensation for your loss when you call. For the hundreds of dollars a month I pay in equiment and TV/Internet charges, one would think Verizon would go to greater lengths to "make things right".