Any plans for Fios to allow the download of DVR content for offline viewing?
cmattie4

Comcast has had this for a while and I was a little surprised when I realized it wasn't available with my new FIOS service.  I used to store DVR content for travel or the gym where my internet connection is not reliable. 

0 Likes
Re: Any plans for Fios to allow the download of DVR content for offline viewing?
tll4115

Seriously, how does Verizon not have this already. They don't get the technology soon, I will switch back to Comcast.

0 Likes
Re: Any plans for Fios to allow the download of DVR content for offline viewing?
BearBuns

This was the one feature I depended on the most with Xfinity.  Every show I watch I DVR'd first and then downloaded to my phone for mobile viewing whenever I had spare time.  I didn't even think to check for this when I switched to Verizon.  It was 2019 after all and streaming was the norm.  Netflix allows downloads of 100% of its content.  Amazon Prime allows downloads of all at least 90% of its content, probably all, but I don't know for sure.  The competition, Xfinity, allows downloads of DVR content.  Who would conceive of a major competitor in this market NOT to allow downloads of DVR shows.  I found out too late that Verizon doesn't.  Their mobile app has been the worst experience I have had in the market place to date.  Unless this changes there is no way in hell I'm staying with them when my contract period is up.  I'm not a service jumper.  I was with Comcast for 20 some years.  But this is not satisfactory and I doubt I'll stick around.

0 Likes