Audio Delay
Eric_from_Pitts1
No matter how I wire it, out of the HD STB or out of the HD TV ausio out, there is an audio delay between the TV sound and my stereo sound system.  This only happened when I switched from a SD to an HD box.  Suggestions?  The echo effect is horible!
0 Likes
Re: Audio Delay
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2
Do you have the TV sound and the stereo sound on at the same time? You should use one or the other, but not both at the same time.
0 Likes
malrubius
I think it depends on which channel you're watching.  I'm watching NFL Net now with the audio through my TV and there is a ridiculous delay.  It looks like an old dubbed movie.  I also watch Democracy Now on Bridges and there is always a delay.  I'm a new Verizon FIOS Tv customer and this stuff is not ready for prime time.  Jiminy Christmas. DirecTV has to go to outer space for the signal and there is no delay.  What is going on?
0 Likes
Eric_from_Pitts1

All I can tell you henry is that on my SD box, I could have sound out of both at the same time and there was no delay.  These HD boxes seem to be junk.  The installer even told me not to use HDMI cables that Verizon wont support them becuase the HD box is hinky with them.  No HDMI cable for HD???  REDICULOUS!!!!

0 Likes
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2

Eric, What is your current setup? Are you using component from the STB to your receiver and audio outs via composite, from the receiver to the TV?

The only reason I said they should not be used at the same time is based more on the concept of mixing speakers than of causing a delay. I don't use both at the same time because I have good AV speakers and the TV sound quality isn't nearly as good because they conflict.

If you let the AV receiver control the audio with the setup in my initial question, there should be no delay.

0 Likes
Eric_from_Pitts1
I have tried it every way posible.  I like to have the TV speakers on for better quality high tones, and the stereo on for great base.  I have wired it from the audio out of the HD STB and from the audio outputs on my HD TV.  In both cases the audio coming from the strereo is delayed.  This did not happen in the identical setup with my SD STB.
0 Likes
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2

I do not doubt your issue. I only use my AV system, not the TV. To try to replicate your problem, I just set mine up with composite out from the STB to the TV. There was an obvious hollow or echo effect, I then connected the composite from the AV receiver to the TV. The hollow echo sound went away. Obviously you need to sync the TV and the AV receiver if you use both so one doesn't overwhelm the other. Do you have a center channel speaker?

I can't add any more because I either use TV only for sound or my AV receiver but not both. I know there is a delay in the HD box. If you have a SD box in one room and an HD box in another, there is a slight delay between them. Your issue is different. If you tried running the sound to the TV from the receiver and still have your issue, maybe another poster will have a suggestion.   

0 Likes
birdwatcher1

It is likely your HDMI connection. I had the same problem. Switch to a component cable connection ( red , green, blue and audio red , white).

Apparently the motorola HD STB has issues with the HDMI connection and verizon is working on fixing it - not soon the guy told me.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

0 Likes
WithAK
Who cares that: Motorola has the problem. I bought Verizon. They are responsible. FIOS is worse than Vista!
0 Likes