Audio routed through home theater
sbf
I have my FIOS audio routed through my home theater (Samsung) which has worked just fine for several years with Comcast.  Ever since my FIOS installation 2 weeks ago, background music on TV shuts off my Samsung.  It can happen many times during a program regardless of volume (which isn't loud to begin with).  Has anyone out there had this experience? 
0 Likes
Re: Audio routed through home theater
Yangster1

What exactly do you mean by "background music on TV shuts off my Samsung"?  Are you saying that your receiver powers off? 

0 Likes
sbf
Yes, that's exactly what was happening.  However, I called Samsung (excellent service, by the way) and they had me re-set the home theater receiver and all seems to be OK now.  Easy solution - weird problem.
0 Likes
speedo123
Contributor - Level 1

Great to hear about Samsung service.  My neighbor sold his house and moved onto his boat.  In the downsizing process I ended up with his Samsung setup.  However, no manuals and, although I haven't put much effort into it yet, I can't get it to work with my TV.  Can you give me the contact info for their service dept?  It'd be much appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
sbf
The number I used is 800-726-7864.  Good luck!
0 Likes