Audio/Video Out of Sync While Using Media Manager
mhiggins8450
Enthusiast - Level 3

While viewing most video files through Media Manager, the audio is a fraction behind the video. It is not significant but it is noticeable. I have looked at the Media Manager sticky but the posts are on all different areas where the Media Manager is flawed.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to correct this issue? I may just go back to using my original set-up. It's very surprising how bad this application is. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Audio/Video Out of Sync While Using Media Manager
Karl_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi mhiggins8450, I just read your post about the trouble you're having with the Media Manager.  Have you had this problem since installing the software or has this issue just started recently?  If it's been a problem since the beginning, you may want to look at removing the software and reinstalling a fresh copy.  The newest version can be found at:

http://www.verizon.com/mediamanager

If it's a problem that just started happening, you may want to try and reset the units.  The best way to do this would be to power down your PC, unplug the router and unplug your STB.  Leave everything unplugged for five minutes.  From this point, plug the router back in and wait for it to boot up (the Internet light will go GREEN when it's complete).  Now plug the STB back in and wait for the time to display on the front of the box.  Now turn your PC back on.  Test the Media Manager and see what happens.

If you're still having troubles, please don't hesitate to re-post or send me a direct message.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Audio/Video Out of Sync While Using Media Manager
mhiggins8450
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Karl_VZ wrote:

Hi mhiggins8450, I just read your post about the trouble you're having with the Media Manager.  Have you had this problem since installing the software or has this issue just started recently? 

If you're still having troubles, please don't hesitate to re-post or send me a direct message.

Thanks!

Good Day. We just got the FiOS TV service in early to mid January. This has been an issue since day one. To be very honest, the software is garbage. I know it is free and you get what you pay for but wow, I have never used such an aggravating software. I do have the latest version of the software so I do not believe that is the issue.

I have not used the software since I made my original post. If Verizon ever decides to upgrade this software, I will try it again. For now, it is just not worth my time.

0 Likes