Bad HD reception after tons of troubleshooting
molson622
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a Fios tech come out to my house recently because I noticed that my HD was not nearly as crisp as it should be. I often see little pixels or noise around scores while watching sports, station logos, and in general. I have checked all my STB settings (and the tech double checked them) and those do not appear to be the problem.

My TV is brand new and is the top of the line Samsung model (F8000), but the problem happens on my old TV, too, anyways. The tech said the signal was fine. Even too strong, for that matter, and he added a splitter to reduce the signal strength. That was all he checked.

Yet there is still an issue. It's not static because I have unplugged the STB and also checked the coax cable. According to the tech there is nothing wrong, but there definitely is and I do not know what it could be (since BluRays on the TV look outstanding). I am not an expert, but there is definitely a problem somewhere.

Steps I've taken:

1) Power cycled the STB

2) Double checked the coax connection to the STB, discharged any static

3) Changed STB settings to Native video to allow 1080p30, 1080p24, 1080i, 720p

4) Tested with the "Sharpness" settings of the STB (tried every setting)

5) Swapped HDMI cables with the PS3

6) Swapped HDMI ports on the TV with the PS3

7) Had Fios tech out to check for issues (although he did very little)

😎 Checked MULTIPLE HD channels and various types of content

9) Modified various settings on the TV 

10) Swapped out the TV for my old HD TV

After all that the issue still exists. I don't know where to go from here. Does anyone have any advice? I'm disappointed that Fios couldn't figure this out and just blamed it on the brand new, clearly working awesomely TV (I even showed him a BluRay!). I feel that Fios should have shown a much better effort after seeing the issue for themselves and confirming they feel it is a problem, too.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Bad HD reception after tons of troubleshooting
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Bad HD reception after tons of troubleshooting
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have closed your private support case. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help. Sorry we could not fix the issue with the station logos.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes