Black bars on the side
Bcraw

You know how when you set your tv to 4:3 you get the grey bars on the side?  I had Verizon come out because I was complaining about how blurry SD looked.  The tech showed me the stretch setting and I told him to switch it back because it seemed distorted.  Now I get black bars on the side that weren't there before so I have to set it to stretch to get rid of them.  It's such a pain to get through the Verizon people that I would like to know if anyone knows what he did and how I get it back to what it was.  He said the dvr wasn't set to 1080i  so he changed that, I changed it to 720 but the black bars are still there.

0 Likes
Re: Black bars on the side
romanom
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can get to the that menu by doing the following:

1. Turn off the STB, but leave the the TV on

2. Press in order (on the STB):

-Power

-Select

-Menu

Use the remote Arrow keys to walk through the menu options.

-Press Menu (on the STB) once your done

My advice, if you have a 1080 Widescreen TV, set the output to 1080i, the TV to 16:9 and the SD override to Off (these settings are actually the default settings and work best on a 16:9 TV).

On shows broadcast in 4:3 you will allows have the black bars, even if it's on a HD channel, this in normal.  Even on shows that broadcast in widescreen, if a commercial comes on in 4:3 the bars will show up during the commercial.

Message Edited by romanom on 12-13-2008 03:14 AM
0 Likes