Can I program remote to adjust volume via my receiver?
dpcv8

Two of my TV's are hooked up to an audio receiver and I want to be able to program the volume buttons on the Veizon remote to control the reciver while the rest of the buttons work the TV (power, etc).

My old DirectTV remotes did this no problem.

I can't seem to find a way to do it with the Verizon ones. Is this even possible or do I need to use two remotes (the verion remote and the receiver remote to control the audio) or switch to a third party universal?

0 Likes
Re: Can I program remote to adjust volume via my receiver?
PJL
Master - Level 3

Two four-button remote can be programed to allow control of the receiver audio, but the two button cannot.

JoeMan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Four button remote is no longer standard but you can purchase it. You can also purchase a five button remote from Walmart for $10 that can be programmed to control everything including Motorola set top boxes. 

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@PJL wrote:

Two four-button remote can be programed to allow control of the receiver audio, but the two button cannot.

Edit:  "Two" should be "The."  Sorry for the typo.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note the receiver volume for some is controlled through the HDMI-CEC connection.  I.e your TV realize its connected to a receiver and it sends the volume controls signals to the receiver.

In my case the TV (a Samsung 2012 model) is connected to a Denon via a ARC HDMI connection and the volume is controlled.

0 Likes
dpcv8

4 button remote worked great. Thanks.

0 Likes