Can't log in to HBO GO or Max GO
Jbraun2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having trouble logging in to the GO channels from HBO on my laptop, desktop and android tablet. Both say that I need to sign up for the channels on Verizon. I have no problem accessing HBO GO on my Roku and I can log in to Verizon with no problem. Changed my password but still the same result. Anyone seen this before? Verizon says it is an HBO problem and HBO says it is a Verizon problem.  I cannot log in to these channels when logged in to "My Verizon" either.  I am subscribed to these channels and they work from the DVR.

0 Likes
Re: Can't log in to HBO GO or Max GO
Hubrisnxs
Legend

When you got FiOS do you ever remember going to this website http://activate.verizon.net

You have to do that registration for HBO and MAX go to work.

they stay disabled until you do it. 

0 Likes
Jbraun2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been watching both channels for the last couple of years and have been a member of Verizon for over 7 years.  This activation process is not applicable.  This just started about two weeks ago and happened over night.  I only have TV and phone on this account and my internet is a business account.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

watching something online is different than watching it on your tv.   online stuff is as I described.    

If you still have problems authenticating with your username online, then you may want to use the link at the bottom of the page that says contact us, and see if Verizon can make heads or tails of it.  

0 Likes
Jbraun2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know the difference between using the DVR and on-line.  Just to suit you I went through the activation process again and there is no change.  My internet is a separate business account and not associated with my residential TV account.  Notice that I said it has worked for a long time.  I am not a new customer of FIOS.  I am one of the first to have it over 7 years ago.  If I had gotten any good information from any of the VZ support I would not have posted here.  I appreciate your response but I do not think you ever read my post in detail.  I will wait for my contacts within VZ to give me the needed help.

0 Likes
dld

Exactly the same thing happened to me. I only have double play residential (phone TV) and pay a lot of

money for a business internet to get a static ip. Up until two weeks ago I was able to use HBO-GO and the comparable thing from SHO -- then no cigar. I filed a trouble ticket and eventually the response was "tough luck --- the way it was before was incorrect and we just getting around to fixing it". This of course is just **bleep** --- HBO-GO is an HBO product. My  guess is VZ  just wants to gouge you more and more. This is just the VZ version of having to pay $25 to check a bag. Anyway my solution was to add internet, slowest possible speed,  and then trim my TV subscriptions back so that there was not an increase in my bill, actually it was slightly less.  What a company.

David

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@Jbraun wrote:

Having trouble logging in to the GO channels from HBO on my laptop, desktop and android tablet. Both say that I need to sign up for the channels on Verizon. I have no problem accessing HBO GO on my Roku and I can log in to Verizon with no problem. Changed my password but still the same result. Anyone seen this before? Verizon says it is an HBO problem and HBO says it is a Verizon problem.  I cannot log in to these channels when logged in to "My Verizon" either.  I am subscribed to these channels and they work from the DVR.

Hello,

Just out of curiosity, try this workaround to verify that your FiOS TV residential credentials are being recognized by HBO GO (or Cinemax GO):

1. Go to verizon.com first and then login with your Verizon residential account's userid and password.
  2. After successfully signing in, on the same page (or another tab in the same browser), go to hbogo.com or maxgo.com (by typing the webaddress directly on the address bar),
  3. click sign-in and then select Verizon FiOS as your TV provider from the drop-down.  
  4. It should recognize your Verizon credentials from earlier (without needing to re-enter your userid/password once more) and you should see your userid on the top right next to 'Welcome'.

If you still get a sign-in error, then it likely has to do with your account.

Also, do you have any pending orders on the residential account that may impact your TV subscription activity online?

PJL
Master - Level 3

@Jbraun wrote:

I know the difference between using the DVR and on-line.  Just to suit you I went through the activation process again and there is no change.  My internet is a separate business account and not associated with my residential TV account.  Notice that I said it has worked for a long time.  I am not a new customer of FIOS.  I am one of the first to have it over 7 years ago.  If I had gotten any good information from any of the VZ support I would not have posted here.  I appreciate your response but I do not think you ever read my post in detail.  I will wait for my contacts within VZ to give me the needed help.

I believe the issue is that things have change regarding business Internet accounts. If you have them, then you use HBOGo even if you have residential TV service.

That said, do you ohave both business Internet and residential TV service at the same location?  How do they do that?  Two ONTs?

0 Likes
Jbraun2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have two ONTs on my house.  One for my business that is internet only (need multiple static IPs for my field engineers) and one for my residence that is TV and phone.  According to HBO there should not be aproblem accessing their Go service from any internet service.  The deciding issue is whether you are subscribed to the HBO channels as part of the TV service.  It worked until about two weeks ago and I cannot get through to anyone who seems able to help.  The executive customer service people are looking in to it but they are also baffled.  Seems there was a change cause others have the same problem.

0 Likes
Jennyvee
I have the same problem. Started last week.
0 Likes