Can't record channel 504, NBC HD
sbdman
Enthusiast - Level 1

A couple days ago this just started; when I try to record the NBC HD channel, it starts to record and immediately stops.

I'm using a Ceton equipped PC with a Verizon Fios cable card. I have several shows on weekly recording programed in Windows Media Center, Windows 8.1 Pro. Up until about May 28-29, I've had no problem with recordings on NBC or any other of my channels.

It appears that the NBC channel has some kind of copy protection started. I can record the NBC SD channel - 4, but would prefer the high definition with Dolby version.

Can someone please help to rectify this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Can't record channel 504, NBC HD
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

The issue you're having was discussed here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/NBC-Flagging-HD-Programs-as-Do-Not-Record/...

Seems like a firmware update from Cetaon might be what you need.

For whatever it's worth, I'm not seeing any problem recording channel 504 on our set-top tox DVR.

0 Likes
sbdman
Enthusiast - Level 1

eljefe, there has been no new firmware, or software update for the Ceton since 12/2013.

I'm so glad that you can record channel 504, but how does that solve my problem?

If you had read the thread you pointed out, you would see I have posted there before you mentioned it.

Sorry, but you are of no help what so ever.

Like I have stated, of the hundreds of channels I have no problem recording, it's just happening with this one channel.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Found this in another forum.
There is evidently a pre-beta release (alpha?) that will fix the issue.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=8352

0 Likes
sbdman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tried about 8 times to upload the firmware to my infiniTV-4, and each time after unpacking it says saving new firmware to device failed.

Guess I'm out of luck. Maybe when this goes mainstream by Ceton as an executable, I'll be able to update as an executable and not as an image?

0 Likes