Can you have 2 dvrs on same account.
ericreinhardt1

Right now I have the media dvr where I can record 2 shows at once. Is there a dvr where I can record more than 2 or can I add on another dvr. Thanks.

Eric

0 Likes
Re: Can you have 2 dvrs on same account.
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

The only DVR that Verizon supplies has 2 tuners, TIVO and MOXI (purchased options) also only have 2 tuners.  There is a Ceton tuner card (for a PC) that has 4 tuners using a single cable card but IIR requires a special PC in order to utilize.

There is nothing stopping you from adding multiple DVRs (more than 2 if you really want to), BUT only one can be a multi-room DVR.

0 Likes
Pauly
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you get 2 dvr's you will only be able to view recordings on other boxes from one of the dvr's on your other boxes, and you can't do it from dvr to dvr. You can though manage both dvrs on fios TV central or from a supported cellphone. You will also be able to use the media manager on either dvr.

0 Likes
chewypgh
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Keyboards wrote:

The only DVR that Verizon supplies has 2 tuners, TIVO and MOXI (purchased options) also only have 2 tuners.  There is a Ceton tuner card (for a PC) that has 4 tuners using a single cable card but IIR requires a special PC in order to utilize.

There is nothing stopping you from adding multiple DVRs (more than 2 if you really want to), BUT only one can be a multi-room DVR.

Correction... Moxi has 3 tuners.

http://moxi.com/us/home.html

0 Likes